[Tango-A] NA-W: FAQ (Part 1) for Gustavo & Giselle's "G&G's Argentine Tango Festival" this weekend!

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Wed Apr 28 23:58:28 EDT 2010

Dear Tango Aficionados,

We’re gratified that so many of you joined us last night at the Denver
Turnverein
for the delightful class delivered by Gustavo Naveira, Giselle Anne, his
daughter Ariadna Naveira and her partner Fernando Sanchez at the Tango
Colorado Tuesday practica! Gustavo & Giselle especially extend their thanks
to the Tango Colorado community for the warm welcome they received as two of
Tango Colorado's newest members!

According to door volunteers, about eighty people explicitly signed up for
the class, and regular attendees who joined in brought the number of
participants past the one-hundred mark! A huge thanks to the Tango Colorado
Board and volunteers for their  silky-smooth teamwork in managing the high
numbers of class attendees, both on the dance floor and in the parking lot.

We're equally excited about the high volume and quality of local and
visiting dancers who make up our early registrations for our premiere "G&G's
Argentine Tango Festival - Part 1" series of weekend workshops starting this
Friday at the magnificent Avalon Ballroom in Boulder through Sunday, May
2! If you haven't yet registered, there's still time and space in all the
classes. We've put together an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions - see below)
to assist you as you mull over all the delightful class choices listed below
in the schedule. For commitment-phobes, we also accept registrations "at the
door". Join us as we watch more of the unfolding "Battle of the Tango
Generations"!

*** YouTube samples: ***
Search YouTube with "Gustavo Giselle Tango" - you'll find about 220(!)
Gustavo & Giselle videos. Here's a recent favorite of ours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4mAF_oAIQk

...and here's their classic "La Cumparsita" from 2001 (more than a million
YouTube plays!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHNz3vEnhUM

Ariadna and Fernando lack Gustavo & Giselle's ten-year head start, but a
YouTube search on "Ariadna Fernando Tango" shows they have already amassed
more than
sixty YouTube videos! Here's a nice one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4EBUYzfW3g&feature=related

*** NOW SEE THEM PERFORM LIVE!!!! ***
Be sure to reserve this Saturday night, May 1 to attend our celebratory,
star-studded GRAN MILONGA, our centerpiece event at the Avalon Ballroom!
Gustavo, Giselle, Ariadna and Fernando will be our featured guest artists in
performances NOT to be missed! Dress to impress, and prepare to have a
WONDERFUL time!

As an added attraction, Gustavo and Brian will team up to DJ for us - this
means HOURS of divine social dancing with your tango partners, both familiar
favorites and new out-of-towners! To sustain yourself, indulge in an
attractive refreshment table, then visit our friendly tango vendors adorning
the lobby to satisfy any shopping urges!

(FAQ continues in part 2 following...)