[Tango-A] looking for cheap room in Rio

tangosherwin@aol.com tangosherwin at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 17:03:59 EDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: tangosherwin at aol.com
To: jantango at gmail.com
Sent: Wed, Mar 31, 2010 11:48 am
Subject: Re: cheap room in Rio

Janis...

This isn't anything unusual. There are many housing offers for BsAs posted on Tango lists by people who live there and offer rooms for rent. For instance, I had a beautiful little apartment in Centro for $150 a week 4 years ago, and a nice room in a private Tango house for $35 a night 2 years ago.

I was hoping to find something similar in Rio.

Most internet offers and travel agencies offers are for hotels which are far too expensive or for apartments rented by the month and certainly not cheap. In fact, most are an outright ripoff!

Also, when you to a city in a foreign country for the first time, it's good to kind of know who you are dealing with, and Tango people worldwide are not exactly total strangers but are helpful locals.

Sherwin