[Tango-A] NA-E: Daniela and Luis' Tango Clinic in NYC this weekend

danielayluis@luisbianchi.com danielayluis at luisbianchi.com
Wed Nov 25 11:15:11 EST 2009

Don't miss the opportunity to perfect your tango skills in a
small-group, technique-intensive setting! Register early to guarantee
your spot.

TANGO CLINIC

Saturday and Sunday, November 28th and 29th

with Daniela Pucci and Luis Bianchi

*1.5-hour intensive technique sessions

*Only 4 students per session

*Couples optional

*Especially tailored to students in class

*ONLY 5 SPOTS LEFT!

$40/1 session

$75/2 sessions (3 hours of personalized instruction!)

Session Times: 1-2:30pm, 2:45-4:15pm, 4:30-6pm

To register, please email danielayluis at luisbianchi.com or call (617)218-7548.

Classes are held at D&L's Manhattan Studio (only blocks from South
Street Seaport). Please contact us for directions.

http://www.luisbianchi.com
YouTube Videos:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RdU3eORpNhY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMf20XWrw2c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDn3ql-T3mQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--PAxfP0QKE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUq1LSouk5U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FzpD1JJ4gE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyODNSn97Zg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1LE1pswthCE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKURna-Wow8

FAQ:

1) What will be taught in the tango clinic?

The tango clinic works like a long semiprivate lesson. We first watch
each student dance and dance with you as well. Then we determine the
specific material to work on based on your strengths and weaknesses.

We usually have a lot of work on technique:
embrace,posture,intention,dissociation and so on. As for actual
vocabulary,with some students we work on sacadas, with others on
boleos, or colgadas, or any of the many tango elements. It all depends
on what each student needs and wants.

2) Do I need to bring a partner?

You do not need to bring a partner, though it certainly helps to bring
one so that  you can work on the exercises together later. Since there
are only four students and the two of us teaching, you'll always be
either working with a partner at a very similar level, or with one of
us.

3) What level is the clinic?

Because the group is very small and we have an hour and a half for
each session, there is enough time for us to give extensive personal
attention to each person. For that reason we don't restrict enrollment
by level. Each person will either be working with someone at a very
similar level, or directly with one of us, at all times.

With that said, most of the clinic students are intermediate and
advanced dancers with at least several months and often several years
of experience, though we occasionally have some beginners who
understand the value of intense one-on-one work in order to improve
one's dance!