[Tango-A] MISC: A Tango Diary is here

Margaret Davis manaobooks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 18:21:18 EST 2009

Greetings everyone,

Do you come home from the milonga smiling? Now there's a way to
document those beautiful evenings so they can be savored for years to
come: A Tango Diary.

Whether it’s used for writing down the dances to remember, recalling
perfect tandas, or making class notes, A Tango Diary ably plays the
roles of confidante and resource. Designed to slide easily into a
pocket or shoe bag, A Tango Diary comes hand-bound in durable linen
bookcloth (a few are in Moroccan leather) with images of Portland’s
storied Viscount Ballroom, where thousands of tangueros have danced,
on the front and back covers.

Inside the covers are two pockets for milonga handbills, notes, and
business cards.

The text features letterpress printing and Nideggen mouldmade paper
from Germany. Limited to an edition of 50, each copy of A Tango Diary
is numbered and stamped with the binder’s seal.

For pictures, specifications, and info, visit
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34796075.

Among the future projects is a limited-edition "reader's guide" to
Astor Piazzolla's 1987 concert in Central Park. As part of my ongoing
research for the project, I would love to hear from those who were at
the concert or have any special memories or experiences attached to
the event or the recording itself. Contact information is on my site,
manaobooks.com.

Wishing you many dances to write about and remember, Margaret

--
Margaret Davis, Ma Nao Books
manaobooks.com, manaobooks.etsy.com

--