[Tango-A] NA-C:6th Meet in the Middle Sept 18-20

Karen Whitesell kglass02 at centurytel.net
Mon Mar 9 17:18:26 EDT 2009

Meet in the Middle Sept 18-20, Mt Vernon Missouri, Mark you Calendars.

Hi Friends, This is my 6th year and want to welcome you back and invite new
friends for sure.  This year promises to be even better than ever.  Charles
Roques has moved to Mt Vernon from New York City and is a great asset to our
teaching staff and our local tango community.

Gustavo Benzecry and Maria Olivara accepted my call for Argentine Dancers
and I am thrilled.  I knew if they were so well received in Portland and if
Ray has signed them for the Chicago Mini Festival, then I couldn't go wrong.

Also this year I have invited James and Mariallan from Memphis to teach a
beginner track.  I have known them for many years and they are very good
social dancers.

The price is good:  $150 all inclusive, classes, milongas, practicas, 5
meals, snacks, and yes, the Ice Cream truck.

Located on the historical Courthouse Square, our venue is steps away from
the "Not So Square Art Festival" going on Saturday. We have scheduled times
to perform in the park for the art festival crowd.

Fly into Springfield MO SGF and we'll pick you up.  Save a lot and fly into
a neighboring hub and catch a ride with people coming from Tulsa, Kansas
City, Fayetteville or St Louis.

Motels are inexpensive $50-60.  I'll have a good tango rate for you.

Gender balance is goal.  Space is limited to 120 very close dancers.

Gaia Banovich will be here with shoes galore.  So bring shoe money and art
money.

Schedule:
Sept 17, Thursday Night:  Early Bird Milonga

Friday, Sept 18
1-5 pm registration, 2-3:15 pm Beginner Class with James and Mariallan
3:30-4:45 class with Gustavo Benzecry and Maria Olivera
5-7 PM Practica.   7-9 Dinner.  8-9 PM Class with Charles Roques.  9-1 am
milonga.
10:00 introduction of faculty and demonstrations

Saturday.
9-11 AM  Practica, 10-12 Brunch, 11-12 Beginners with J and M
12:30 PM park performance. 1-2 PM class with Charles,
2:00 Free Ice Cream Truck, 2:30-3:45 class with G and M,
5:00-6:00 pm Tango Show in park with faculty and all dancers,
7-9 Dinner.  9-2 am or longer milonga.

Sunday
10-12 Brunch, 11-12:30 Beginners with J and M,
12:30-2:00 class with Charles, 2:00 ice cream truck,
2:30-4:00 class with G and Maria, 4-6 practica,  6-7 dinner,
8:00 pm Gustavo's Tango History Show, open to public.
All Night Milonga following.

Mt Vernon is a sleepy little town on the edge of the Ozark Mountains and the
Western Prairie.  It will certainly wake up for this weekend.  Please join
us.

Pay me by check, call for credit card, or pay by PayPal to
kglass02 at centurytel.net

Karen Whitesell
202 S Hickory St
Mt Vernon MO 65712