[Tango-A] NA-C: Traditional Milongas in the US Midwest??

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 09:41:20 EST 2009

I am doing a survey of Traditional Milongas in the Midwest. A
Traditional Milongas is one where ONLY music from tango dance
orquestas from the 30s, 40s, and 40s is played for dancing tango. The
music is organized in tandas of 3-4 songs with cortinas separating the
tandas. This is the standard in Buenos Aires milongas. A Traditional
Milonga may include tandas of music for dancing Latin and swing
dances, also Argentine folk dances, but not more than one non-tango
tanda per hour.

If you have information regarding Traditional Milongas in your tango
community in the US Midwest, please contact me by replying to this
message. Thank you.

Ron Weigel
Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana IL