[Tango-A] NA-C: Daniel Trenner in Houston, Feb 27th - Mar 2nd 2009.

m i l e s tangobliss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 12:23:56 EST 2009

Hi,

I am extraordinarily pleased to announce that Master Teacher, Daniel
Trenner, will be joining us for a weekend of tango workshops, privates
and social dances from Feb 27th to Mar 2nd.

Daniel Trenner is a name that really needs no introduction to most of
us in the world of tango. However, for our newest tangueros, he is a
big reason why tango has been popularized in the U.S. today, and has
undergone its 3rd great golden age.  He's the reason why gender roles
in the dance have become interchangeable.  He's considered by many to
be the original 'Johnny Appleseed' of Tango the United States, having
helped to found the New York, Boston, Denver, Portland, Seattle, and
San Fransisco tango communities (just to name a few).  Daniel is a
dancer, teacher, historian, writer, and he will be here in Houston to
share his tango stories, experiences, and teachings.

This is a workshop series you really don't want to miss.  And its one
for me personally that I have been wanting to put together for quite
some time.  Daniel was my first tango teacher and if you know my story
at all, you know that he's of great import to me personally.

More information forthcoming at barefootango.com and this list.

Sincerely,

Miles.