[Tango-A] NA-E; NA-C; NA-W: Friday Feb 13: Remembering OMAR VEGA

Diane Ramo dramo at nyc.rr.com
Thu Feb 12 07:47:24 EST 2009

REMEMBERING OMAR VEGA
1959-2008

THE KING OF MILONGA TRASPIE

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2009

A SPECIAL EDITION OF THE

BLUE MOON MILONGA

Class at 8pm

Dancing 9:30 on

Hosted by Valeria Solomonoff

DANCE MANHATTAN

39 W 19TH Street, between 5th and 6th aves/ 5th floor

Music by DJ Yesim Sezer

This February 13th would have been Omar's 50th birthday and coincidentally falls on the date of the Blue Moon Milonga. We will celebrate his memory with a class, taught by Valeria and assistants, dedicated to Omar Vega's dancing and teaching style. We'll show clips of his dancing in a special memorial room, and share our memories of him. Many thanks to Diane Ramo, Gayatri Martin, and Sergio Segura who are collaborating on gathering and presenting material and other logistics for this event. Visit Omar's website: www.tangovital.com.ar

RSVP and information: valeria at valetango.com

Back to top