[Tango-A] SA: The Ultimate Tango Gift: 2010 TangoIntensivo(tm) Sessions Registration now open! Limited Enrollment!

Brian Dunn brianpdunn at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 26 19:55:51 EST 2009

Dear Tango Aficionados,

Give yourself (&/or your partner?!) the ultimate tango gift in 2010!

For the sixth year in a row, Dance of the Heart is happy to announce, on
behalf of our esteemed partner Luciana Valle and ourselves, that
registration for the 2010 TangoIntensivo™ sessions is now open!

Once again, in 2009 we had quite a few people who would have loved to get in
these very special programs, but had to be turned away - some of them just
moved their registrations to 2010 instead, to insure that they were “first
in line” - which means we are ALREADY ahead of the pace of registrations
that started in 2008 for the 2009 sessions!

IF YOU ARE.......
* longing to improve your tango in a permanent & powerful way inside the
rich tango mecca of Buenos Aires...
* if you are tired of not being able to dance with "the good dancers"...
* if you want to focus your tango training with one world-class instructor
and her carefully trained assistants for an intensive period of
instruction...
* if you want to explore the "social tango experience" of Buenos Aires with
peers
who share a common orientation towards improving their tango...
* if you want a training environment that will alternately thrill &
challenge you to reach your next level...

....THEN THIS IS FOR YOU!!!!

We are looking for a special group of dancers who want to pursue tango
mastery in a new & different way. You'll join us for twenty-five hours over
6 days of intensive study in Buenos Aires. You'll work intensively on your
tango, up to five hours a day (with suitable rest breaks!) with a group of
our carefully trained TangoIntensivo(tm) Assistants, under the guidance &
direction of world-class tango teacher LUCIANA VALLE, one of the most
talented,
insightful & energetic tango teachers Buenos Aires has produced.

WHAT MAKES THE TangoIntensivo(tm) Sessions SO SPECIAL??

--LUCIANA VALLE--
We first started working with Luciana (a.k.a. "Hurricane Lucy") twelve years
ago, and ever since she has been a touchstone for our study of the tango
experience. Her warm enthusiasm, long experience in the Buenos Aires tango
scene, penetrating insight into tango structure and dynamics, and deep skill
and experience at dancing both the leader and follower roles has brought her
well-deserved intercontinental fame in the world of tango. The
TangoIntensivo(tm)
Sessions represent the culmination of her fifteen years of explorations of
the
Argentine Tango dance training experience.

--"OUR STAFF, YOUR PARTNERS"--
Our program guarantees YOU WILL ROTATE EXCLUSIVELY AMONG OUR TRAINED
STAFF, the acclaimed TangoIntensivo(tm) Assistants, for the twenty-five-hour
duration of each program. This makes our program VERY DIFFERENT from any
tango training experience you are likely to have had already. People often
don't quite digest the implication of this at first, according to our
feedback, so let's repeat it, just to make that very clear: During the
program,
ALL YOUR PARTNERS ARE FROM OUR STAFF. Our TangoIntensivo(tm) Assistants are
selected from among the many talented dancers working with Luciana in Buenos
Aires through her acclaimed "El Motivo" practica & school. All of them are
active social dancers in the Buenos Aires tango scene, and many have
professional tango careers of their own. This provides you with the
opportunity to focus on YOUR learning process, rather than navigating
through
the difficulties that can often arise when your usual partner or a fellow
student is also struggling with you.

--ALMOST TWO HUNDRED HAPPY CUSTOMERS--
Over the past five years, we've served up this unique program to nearly
two hundred students in twenty-one separate week-long programs. As the
word of our programs has spread, they now routinely sell out well in advance
of the deadline dates. The large amount of repeat business we get is a very
satisfying testimonial to the quality of our programs - but maybe it’s worth
mentioning that this year’s evaluations are among the most glowing we’ve
ever received – one recent graduate (who is VERY experienced in what the
tango market has to offer) even wrote EXTENSIVELY on his Facebook page about
how the program so COMPLETELY surpassed his expectations, despite our best
efforts to let him know ahead of time just what he was in for! While we
weren’t surprised at his discovery, we were pleasantly surprised at his
willingness to share his experience in such detail with his very large list
of Facebook tango friends – just another example of what we ALL have to look
forward to on our next visit!

This year’s upcoming dates:
Monday May 24 – Saturday May 29, 2010:  TangoIntensivo “A” session
Monday May 31 – Saturday June 5, 2010:  TangoIntensivo “B” session

Monday October 25 – Saturday October 30, 2010: TangoIntensivo “A” session
Monday November 1 – Saturday November 6, 2010:  TangoIntensivo “B” session

Full information and PayPal online registration:
http://www.danceoftheheart.com/IntensivoSessionsCurrent.htm

You can find a full copy of our TangoIntensivo™ brochure (suitable for
sharing!) at:
http://www.lucianavalle.com/LV-Flyer-Seminarios-eng.pdf

For the second year in a row, despite steadily increasing inflation in
Argentina, in 2010 we have held the price to the same as it was in 2008:
US$655 per session for early registrations (slightly more for
PayPal-mediated credit card purchases). As usual, the PayPal buttons are up
on our website, ready to serve you – or you can pay by check:

Please mail your check (for US$655 per session per person) to:
TangoIntensivo™ Sessions
c/o Dance of the Heart
775 Pleasant Street
Boulder, CO 80302
(NOTE: PLEASE be SURE to notify us by e-mail AFTER you mail your check, so
we
can hold your place for a few days while the check arrives).

If these wonderful tango sessions figure in your plans for next year,
consider acting as soon as possible to avoid disappointment...and please
feel free to forward this message to any friends or interested parties, to
tempt them to accompany you!

We know that many of you are already counting on your upcoming participation
in these TangoIntensivo™ sessions to remind you of what's possible in a
really
good tango dance training experience. Some things about tango dancing can
only
be learned “heart-to-heart” in the arms of a really good dancer – we hope
you’re able to join us next year to refresh your own memory of just how
good it can be!

See you in Buenos Aires in 2010!
The TangoIntensivo™ Team