[Tango-A] NA-W: Colorado TangoEncuentro(tm) Gustavo & Giselle HALF-SEMINARS now available (Sept 7-9 OR Sept 10-12)

Brian Dunn brianpdunn at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 30 21:27:04 EDT 2009

Dear Tango Aficionados,

Dance of the Heart is happy to announce a new opportunity for people to
participate in a portion of the unique learning environment of Gustavo
Naveira and Giselle Anne’s world-premiere “Tango Milonguero” seminar at a
special price!

“TANGO MILONGUERO” WITH GUSTAVO & GISELLE HALF-SEMINAR SESSIONS AVAILABLE!!
Do you and a partner want to attend the six-day “Tango Milonguero” Boulder
seminar, but are unable to afford the cost?  Well, now is your chance!  We
are opening some of the remaining spots to couples who wish to complete only
the first three days of the seminar (Monday, Tuesday, half of Wednesday) OR
the last three days (Thursday, Friday, half of Saturday) for only $298 per
person, about HALF the normal price of $595.  This is especially convenient
for those who may already be traveling to Denver for the Denver Milonguero
Festival on September 3-6, and who want to top off their festival plans with
an encounter with Gustavo & Giselle’s peerless tango seminar experience.

As an additional inducement, we’ll include with purchase of the half-price
options your admission to the Monday Welcome Milonga on September 7 AND the
Saturday Gran Milonga (with Gustavo & Giselle performance!) – by itself, a
$20 savings for a couple!

GUSTAVO & GISELLE’S SEMINARS
Many of you require no introduction to Gustavo Naveira and Giselle Anne,
whose stature in the world of contemporary tango is unparalleled.
World-class dancers, “teachers of teachers”, accomplished choreographers,
with deep experience in the social tango of Buenos Aires milongas, their
combined forty years of tango experience and profound dedication to their
art makes studying with them an incredibly rich and deeply rewarding
experience.  We ourselves attended their very first week-long seminar in
March 2003, and we’ve taken other seminars with them every chance we get,
racking up hundreds of hours of seminar time in the intervening years.  From
the embarrassingly enthusiastic reviews of our own previous
TangoEncuentro(tm) seminars with them, we know that many of you value their
teaching just as highly.  Gustavo & Giselle have just returned from three
weeks of sold-out seminars and packed classes in the heart of San Telmo in
Buenos Aires.  Here in Boulder, Colorado, we are deeply honored and
privileged to have them for a fourth seminar in three years (more than any
other location in the USA) for an intimate and focused learning
opportunity.  While other G&G classes and seminars are packed to
overflowing, we are firmly committed to maintaining the high quality of our
event with a limited admission policy.  You can be assured that you will be
able to interact with the maestros in the Seminar in the way that the
maestros most prefer - in a magnificently spacious new studio, in a  group
no larger than twenty-five couples, with ample opportunity to work with
Gustavo & Giselle directly.

WORLD PREMIERE “TANGO MILONGUERO” SEMINAR
Over the years, a lot of people have spoken with great conviction and strong
opinions on the subject of “tango milonguero” – but very few of them alive
today were actually “there at the time”!  Gustavo’s long experience in the
milongas of Buenos Aires, and his key role during tango’s popular resurgence
since the mid-1980’s, makes his testimony and his teaching of overriding
interest to any tango dancer who wants to understand and embody the essence
of the tango social dance in the 21st century.  Many of us who have taken
G&G’s advanced seminars are often stunned to hear his recounting of how
social tango as we know it navigated the eddies and currents of the last
twenty-five years of its history, from the early days of the “petiteros”
revival to the contemporary globe-spanning social tango scene in all its
chaotic glory.  You’ve heard the opinions of the rest – now find out what
went on from someone who was there as it happened – learn from a couple who
know how to impart what they know in the form of world-class teaching
methods that have revolutionized the understanding of the structure of the
social dance!

YOU MUST HAVE A PARTNER – WE WILL NOT ROTATE PARTNERS IN THE SEMINAR.  YOU
CANNOT COMPLETE REGISTRATION UNTIL YOUR PARTNER ALSO REGISTERS.

REGISTRATION
Pre-registration is important!  We are retaining some full-week slots for
those who may be finalizing their plans for the whole week, so it’s very
possible that we will run out of available half-seminar slots rapidly,
especially for those wanting to attend the first half of the seminar (Sept.
7-9) in conjunction with a  visit to the Denver Festival.  If your
registration is refused by the PayPal website, please contact us to find out
the current status of the waiting list.

Full program descriptions, logistics, and online registration with credit
card via PayPal is available on our website at
http://www.danceoftheheart.com/CTE2009Main.htm

 Please choose the appropriate PayPal button for your selection.  You will
have to register more or less at the same time as your partner in order for
either of you to complete registration – please mention your partner’s name
in the customer information part of the PayPal checkout process, or by email
if you intend to pay by check or cash.

If you intend to pay by check or cash, please write us an email or call us,
stating your intention, and we will hold a space for you for a short time
while we manage the funds transfer in whatever form for both you and your
partner.

Please contact us by email or at 303-938-0716 with any questions you may
have.

See you in September!

Brian Dunn & Deb Sclar
Dance of the Heart
Boulder, Colorado USA
www.danceoftheheart.com
303-938-0716
“Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time”