[Tango-A] NA-E: Workshops with David Sasha Tonn today at Springstep, Medford, MA

Adriana Pinto adrimp1 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 07:35:23 EDT 2008

Dear tangueros,

It looks like Hurricane Hanna is NOT going to affect our event today. Strong winds are going to be approaching Boston by 2am on Sunday, which gives us time to get home safely.

Here is some more information on David Sasha's tango experience and his teaching philosophy:

David Sasha Tonn

Trained actor and dancer David is both intense and playful as a performer and teacher of Argentine tango. He loves to share his enthusiasm for both technique and improvisation with his students. Some of his influences and teachers over the past ten years include:  Chicho and Lucia, Sebastian y Mariana, Ezequiel y Eugenia, Pablo y Dana and the traditional styles of the Pugliese and Balmaceda families. He has performed with a number of great followers in the US, Europe and Argentina including: Mariana Dragone, Mariana Galassi, former Alvin Ailey dancer Paola Gallarato, and Nina Tatarowicz.

Teaching Philosophy
Using a center-focused lead and follower connection based on mutually grounded body positions while ‘listening’ to one another is what I emphasize for all classes (open and closed positions). Using the floor (exercises for specific weight changes) and turning that initiates from the core area of the pelvis (stacked by the ribs and chest) will build a base for everything. Relaxed shoulders and active follower/leader connection through the arms (not pushing and pulling). ‘Nuevo’ ideas are just further explorations of those basic fundamentals.  Musicality grows out of good technique as well.

We already have a good number of pre-registered for the workshops. Please join us this afternoon - we will definetely have fun!

2pm to 3:30pm - Seemless integration of traditional tango with nuevo technique - Part 1 (adv.beg. level)

3:45pm to 5:15pm - Seemless integration of traditional tango with nuevo technique - Part 2 (int.adv. level)

Price: $20 per workshop - at the door

Springstep
98 George P. Hassett Drive
Medford, MA 02155

Easy street parking.

This evening:

8 to 9pm - Tango practica (FREE with milonga ticket)
9pm to 1am - Milonga with live music by Bernardo Monk and Octavio Brunetti - Bernardo and Octavio were INCREDIBLE last June at Paradiso. They really brought great energy to the dance floor! I am SO glad we are doing this again!

DJ: Adriana Pinto

Tickets: $22 at the door
Full-time Students: $5 OFF with valid ID

If you need more information, please call me at (617) 816-1967

We are in for great fun tonight! Hope to see you there,

Adriana Pinto