[Tango-A] NA-C: Milonga Portena carries on milonga Nuestro Tango tradition on last Friday of every month in Chicago

PJ Grant windycitytango at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 14:22:06 EST 2008

It was with considerable sadness that Valentina Cisar, Carmen Pinto and I announced last month we were ending the longest continuous running milonga in Chicago. But the tradition of dancing the last Friday of every month at The Latvian CommunityCenter in Chicago will be continued by our dear friends, Fred and
Yermen Romero.
Milonga Portena will debut THIS Friday, November 28, 2008 at the Latvian Center (4146 N Elston Ave., Chicago IL), beginning at 9:00 p. The entry cover is $12, with light refreshments and non-alcoholic beverages provided; BYOB. Fred and Yermen, long established and highly valued Argentine tango instructors, will teach a fundamentals class at 8:30 p, free with paid admission to Milonga Portena. For further information, contact Fred at  773-580-7199 (cell) or TangoBum2003 at yahoo.com.  We will actively support Fred and Yermen; please feel free to contact me at anytime if you're unable to reach Fred: 312-60TANGO (312-608-2646 cell - text messages welcome) or TangoLadyChicago at yahoo.com.
I will like to take this opportunity to thank Valentina and Carmen for permitting me to partner with them for the last several years of milonga Nuestro Tango. It was a priviledge and honor to be associated with them and to contribute to providing what we strove to have as the friendliest and best value of milongas in the City of Chicago. I also want to acknowledge and thank our wonderful DJs: Fred Romero, Tony Costantino and Somer Surgit.
Please stay tuned (join WindyCityTango, Unlimited's group on Facebook.com for direct announcements): my Opposites Attract practica, co-hosted with Jacquiline Cahill, will resume in December; and, I likely will endeavor another practica and/or milonga in 2009.
Most of all, we three ladies would like to thank all of you who danced with us and supported milonga Nuestro Tango (previously Tres Tangueras milonga) during its nine years in Chicago. Have a wonderful holiday season and a fabulous 2009.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions on this, tango in Chicago or elsewhere. Abrazos!

Phoebe J. (PJ) Grant of WindyCityAssociates, Unlimited
312-60TANGO (312-608-2646) cell - text msgs welcome
PJGrant.Design at yahoo.com (for non-tango communication)
WindyCityTango at yahoo.com (for tango business messages)
TangoLadyChicago at yahoo.com (for personal conversations)
Promoter, Teacher, Performer, Sponsor of Argentine Tango