[Tango-A] SPECIAL WORKSHOPS THIS WEEK @ TRIANGULO

Virginia Nicholson ginny at tangonyc.com
Sun Jun 29 19:36:06 EDT 2008

***** SPECIAL WORKSHOPS THIS WEEK @ TRIANGULO******

Special workshops and events this Week - use up your June class credits!

WORKSHOPS

Beginner Review (Carina) $22 Tues 7/1, 7:30-8:30
Join Carina Moeller as she reviews the fundamentals: walk; posture;
and embrace. Carina also will be teaching an introduction to basic
ochos. Perfect for those coming back to the dance, beginners wishing
to solidify and expand upon what they learned in their first month of
lessons, or as a last minute brush up for the Beginners' Night Out.

Milonguero Secrets: How to Navigate a Crowded Dance Floor (Carina &
Eduardo) $22 Tues 7/1, 8:30-9:30
Because you're not just dancing with your partner, you're dancing with
the entire dance floor! Carina Moeller and US tango champion Eduardo
Goytia show how to navigate packed spaces with flair. Leaders, learn
tricks for dodging disaster; followers, add flavor with small
embellishments. (Intermediate)

Paradas and Embellishments (Carina) $22 Weds 7/2, 7-8
We're pullin' out the stops . . . so that you can put them in!  The
parada or "stop" is a flirtatious move in which the leader arrests the
woman's feet and momentum with his own. If tango were a language,
paradas would be its punctuation, delineating phrases and ideas and
points of emphasis.  Plus more embellishments for the ladies! (Adv
Beginner)

MILONGAS / PRACTICA

Tuesday MILONGA with DJ Ko $10 Tues 7/1, 9:30-12:30
$8 if you arrive before 10pm! Plus we've got great music, brand new AC
and lots of free snacks (some might say the chocolate cake, alone, is
worth the price of admission!)

Beginner's Night Out Double Feature: Movie + Special Practica (see
below) Weds 7/2, 8-11 (See below.)

The Friday Afternoon Milonga $10 Fri 7/4, 4:30-8:30
July 4th, birthday of a nation . . . birthday of a hostess!  Come
dance for your country AND celebrate hostess Maura's birthday! Not to
be missed.

DOUBLE FEATURE: TANGO MOVIE (meet the director) + BEGINNER'S NIGHT
OUT, Weds 7/2, 8-11

Join us for Triangulo's first ever movie night!  We'll be screening a
charming 13-min Oscar-nominated Belgian short, Tanghi Argentini,
followed by Surrender Tango, a 30-min documentary about the NYC tango
scene, and a Q&A with director Marcia Rock! We'll be serving
complimentary popcorn (feel free to sneak in your own snacks, our
"security" is pretty loose about that kind of stuff), plus DVDs will
be available for purchase ($25, cash only).

Beginners unite! After the movie, stay put for our July "Beginners'
Night Out" Practica, with the gallant Sir Richard at DJ, a performance
by Carina and earlier and extended hours! If you've just finished your
first month of classes, or even if you've been dancing for years, this
is the perfect night to check out our Wednesday Practica.

Movie 8-9pm $3; Practica 9-11pm $7/$5 Triangulo students.

TriANGulO
135 W. 20th Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues), 3rd Fl., NYC
www.tangonyc.com (212) 633-6445