[Tango-A] NA-C: More Info on Workshops Aug. 8-10 with Damian Lobato in Kansas City

kmcgeeney@att.net kmcgeeney at att.net
Thu Jul 24 22:33:18 EDT 2008

Here is the schedule for the Aug. 8 - 10 workshops with Damian Lobato in Kansas City. All 5 classes and the Friday and Saturday milongas will be held at the Kansas City Swing Dance Club, 6101 Martway, Shawnee Mission, KS.

Friday Aug. 8, 8:00 pm all-levels class: Ocho Cortado Variations;
9:00-12:00 pm milonga with DJ Oleh Kovalchuke.

Saturday Aug. 9, 2:30-3:45 pm all-levels class: Musicality,
4:00-5:15 pm all-levels class: Milonga;
9:00-12:00 pm milonga with DJ Mike Tennant from St. Louis.

Sunday Aug. 10, 1:00-2:15 pm intermediate-advanced class: Improvisation,
2:30-3:45 pm intermediate-advanced class: Musicality 2.
(Sunday evening we will have our weekly milonga 8:00-11:00 pm with DJ Kathy McGeeney at Westport Presbyterian church, 201 Westport Rd., Kansas City, MO, preceded by a class/practica taught by Jason Pollen at 7:00. Donation $5.)

The idea of the two musicality classes is to develop the skill of musical interpretation in order to make everything you do more adjusted to the music. Without adding steps there is a new world to explore if you play with the music.

The improvisation class is about teaching the language of the dance so that dancers can build up their own steps and get rid of patterns.

Prices are $25 for one class, $45 for 2, $85 for all 4 Sat. & Sun. classes (including the Sat. dance), $100 for the whole weekend (including both dances). The Friday and Saturday dances are $5 each with the purchase of at least one class, or $10 without.

Only a few spots are left for private lessons so if you are interested in taking one let me know soon. They are $70/hr.

Kathy McGeeney (kmcgeeney at att.net)
Toi Shaw