[Tango-A] NA-E: Our classes & lectures in NYC Summer Tango & Film Festival

School of Traditional Tango statnyc at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 16:45:55 EDT 2008

We want to invite all of you to the unique, fun, and exciting classes and lectures we will be presenting in the Celebrate Tango Week at the New York Tango & Film Festival July 14th to 20th.

See schedule below:

Monday July 14th
1:00 pm to 2:00 FREE Introductory Class
7:00 to 8:00 Beginner/Intermediate class
8:00 to 9:00 Practica
Chelsea Studios, 151 W. 26th St. 5th /6th floor

Tuesday July 15th
6:30 to 8:00 Leader's Practica
La Boca at Iguana
240 W. 54th St, basement
SPECIAL PRICE: $20 (includes practica, interm. class, presentation of the masters show, milonga)

Friday July 18th
3:30 to 4:55 Futbol moves in tango
Take this fun and inspirational tngo to discover the playful movements from everyday life and games that are incorporated in tango
Dance Manhattan, 39 W. 19th St. 5th floor

7:00 to 8:00 Follower's practica
improve your technique and perception through the exercises in this wonderful class
Chelsea Studios, 151 W. 26th St. 5th /6th floor

8:30 to 9:30 Pre Black & White Ball Class
Don't miss this wonderful, elegant night of great food, exciting performances and dancing all night!
Stepping Out, 37 W. 26th St. 9th Floor

Saturday July 19th
3:30 to 4:55 Different Embraces
Discover all the varied dance positions and embraces used in traditional social salon tango
Stepping Out, 37 W. 26th St. 9th Floor

Sunday July 20th
2:30 to 3:30 Men of Tango Video Presentation
A presentation with rare, never before seen films from the 1930s to the 2000s of the best male tango dancers in history
3:30 to 4:55 Learning from the Past Milonga of Pepito Avellaneda and Lampazo
Stepping Out, 37 W. 26th St. 9th Floor

See you there!

For more info on the NY Tango Festival, please visit, wwww.celebratetango.com

School of Traditional Argentine Tango