[Tango-A] NA-C:Meet in the Middle, Mt Vernon MO

Karen Whitesell kglass02 at centurytel.net
Tue Jul 8 18:55:04 EDT 2008

The organizers of Meet in the Middle 2008 want to announce important changes in the event.

Apparently, as with many festivals this year, the economy is having a significant impact on attendance.  Unfortunately, there has been so little response for Meet in the Middle that we feel it is necessary to cancel the event as a festival.

This is not an easy decision for any of us, but the necessity is a reality that needed to be addressed before we got any closer to the dates.

While Meet in the Middle, as a festival, is officially canceled, Karen is planning to host a free tango party that weekend.  The party will not involve the instructors previously announced, meals will be available at a cost to be determined, and the event will be a complete reorganization of the original festival plan.  Karen will be sending a follow-up email letting everyone know the details of her party plans once they are fully developed.

Again, our apologies for needing to cancel the festival... and our thanks to all those who offered their support.  We hope to see you at the party...

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us...

Tony Rathburn
Susana Gonzalez
Karen Whitesell

Meet in the Middle 2008 Organizers