[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC Tango Lab Meeting. Sunday.

Nussbaum, Martin mnussbau at law.nyc.gov
Thu Feb 28 19:59:54 EST 2008

Got tango game? Bring it.

The Plan: Exploration, creativity, analysis, technique, pushing the
envelope while still retaining elegance and passion of Argentine Tango.
Non-profit, non-partisan. no cost to join, we will meet at local
practicas, ( whoever will have us ),  no obligation, just pay regular
practica admission,  if you dont like what we are working on no problem,
just continue dancing at the practica, or suggest your own ideas for
something to work on. We will post weekly topic. referencing a specific
idea in a youtube clip from one of our favorite maestros, and take off
from there. Our favorites? Gustavo Naveira y Giselle Anne, Chicho
Frumboli, Sebastian Arce y Mariana Montes. We also enjoy tasty side
dishes like Eugenia y Ezekiel,  Esteban y Claudia, Nick and Tara, Pablo
and Dana, Homer and Christina.  Damn right thats a big buffet to choose
from.  Several lifetimes worth of practice, so lets get busy.
We will teach each other.   Heck, this is the greatest City, with an
amazing concentration of talented dancers, we should be able to
contribute some unique NYC flava to the tango.

Sunday March 2, 4-6 pm at Stepping Out, 37 West 26th,  9th Floor

topic for this week:

something old:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slnkRhGBZtY   yes its
hard, lets clean it up.

something new: watch turn at 2:19--2:26