[Tango-A] NA-C: Tango Milonguero Fest (Alicia Pons, Robert Hauk, Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel) Feb 29 - Mar 2 in Urbana IL

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 23:58:18 EST 2008

Urbana IL: Feb 29 - Mar 2: Central Tango Milonguero Fest: Alicia Pons,
Robert Hauk, Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel

The Central Tango Milonguero Festival, hosted by the Tango Society of
Central Illinois, will take place in Urbana IL Feb 29 - Mar 2. This
festival will be an immersion in Tango Milonguero, i.e., tango as
danced in the milongas of Buenos Aires. As tango has become
diversified, festivals focusing solely on the Buenos Ares social tango
are few and far between. Guiding you in this journey will be some of
the most renowned instructors in Tango Milonguero - Alicia Pons
(Buenos Aires), Robert Hauk (Portland OR), and Melina Sedo & Detlef
Engel (Germany). Alicia is well recognized for her emphasis on women's
styling and detail for refinement of communication and technique for
both men and women. Robert is well known as a shaper of men's tango
development, as well as an encyclopedia of tango knowledge, and one of
the best tango DJs in the US. Alicia & Robert will be teaching most
workshops together, so you will have excellent role models for leaders
and followers in each workshop. Melina & Detlef are only on their
second US tour, but their stylistic excellence and musicality is
already well known from their admired YouTube videos (linked from our
festival web page). As great instructors who are patient and pay
attention to detail, Melina & Detlef are rapidly becoming premier
ambassadors of close embrace tango in Europe. Our festival will be
their only Midwest stop on their US tour, so don't miss this couple
who will soon become familiar to all US aficionados of Tango
Milonguero.

Advance Registration for the Central Tango Milonguero Festival is now
open. A Weekend Pass is $120 ($60 for students), $100 ($50 for
students) if traveling over 200 miles. This is a bargain in this day
of ever rising tango festival costs. Complete Program details and
Registration information are available on our festival web page:

http://www.centraltango.com/TangoInstruction/2008CentralTangoFestHomePage.htm

or, go to our home page

http://www.centraltango.com/

and click on the link.

Tango festivals in Urbana are rich experiences in tango education and
social tango dancing. Our medium sized tango festivals (100-130
people) are large enough to provide many partners for social dancing
and great energy to stimulate your tango soul, yet small enough to not
be overwhelming in pursuing these goals. Our festivals attract people
from all around the Midwest and some from beyond. Some of the best
Tango Milonguero dancers in the Midwest attend, as well as newcomers
to Tango Milonguero. Our festival site houses a modern dance facility
with an excellent sound system and comfortable areas for congregating
and socializing between festival events. Champaign-Urbana, the home of
a University of Illinois, is a diverse community and our tango
community has a wide age range and includes people from many ethnic
and national backgrounds. Most important, we provide a friendly
relaxed environment for learning and socializing. In our medium sized
city you will escape from the complexities of large cities in finding
inexpensive hotel accommodations and restaurants within minutes of the
festival site. If you drive, you will find ample free parking, not
only at the festival site, but throughout much of the twin cities. If
you wish to fly, Willard Airport (CMI), with direct connections to
Chicago, Detroit and Dallas is 15 minutes from the festival site, and
the Central Illinois Regional Airport (BMI), with direct flights to
Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, and Orlando is 45 minutes away.

We can also offer housing in the homes of local tangueros if you
register early. (Priority will be given to students and those
purchasing the Weekend Pass.)

We look forward to seeing you in Urbana in less than 4 weeks. You will
join many other tangueros who will tell others of the good experience
they had in attending a Tango Society of Central Illinois festival in
Urbana.

Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana IL