[Tango-A] NA-E: Non-Stop Tango in Philadelphia This Weekend

Meredith Klein meredithleeklein at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 13:32:25 EDT 2008

There's a lot of dancing going on in Philadelphia this weekend.  Details below.

1.  Weekend Workshops
The Philadelphia Argentine Tango School
(http://philadelphiatangoschool.com) is delighted to present workshops
with Evan Griffiths of New York City this weekend (August 2/3).  The
workshops are almost totally full, and there will be no registration
at the door.  If you're interested in registering, please contact me
immediately (617-291-3798 or meredithklein at gmail.com).  The following
slots are still available:

Saturday, 2nd class:  Quickness, Fluidity and Rock Steps - space for 1 leader
Saturday, 3rd class:  Perfect Boleos Made Easy - space for 2 leaders
Sunday, 1st class:  Practical Uses of the Offbeat - space for 4
leaders and 1 follower
Sunday, 2nd class:  Zippy Baby Ochos - space for 2 leaders
Sunday, 3rd class:  Volcadas & Colgadas in Close Embrace - space for 1 leader

For times, location, and other details, see
http://philadelphiatangoschool.com/evan.htm

For those considering coming from out of town, it may be possible to
find you a place to stay with a local tanguero.  If you give me a
call, I'll see what I can do.

2.  Milongas this Weekend
Join us at the Arts League tonight for a milonga DJ-ed by Ramu
Pyreddy, one of my very favorite DJs.  Evan and I will perform at
11:15.  The Arts League is at 4226 Spruce St. in Philadelphia.  More
information on that milonga at:
http://www.dancephiladelphia.com/tango.html#parties

On Saturday night, we'll be at La Pausa, one of the nicest milongas of
the month in Philadelphia.  I've heard that a number of wonderful
dancers from New York City are coming down for the night, so it's sure
to be a particularly special evening.  Milonga La Pausa is at 4701
Pine St. in Philadelphia.  More info at http://www.milongalapausa.com/

Rumor has it that there will be an after-milonga at a to-be-disclosed
location after La Pausa ends at 1 am on Saturday night.  Come to La
Pausa to find out where. (And if you're planning to come to the
after-milonga and can pick up some food or drink to share, that would
be great.)

Other events this weekend include the Atrium Tango Brunch and the
Collegeville Milonga.  More info at http://tangophiladelphia.com/

3.  Private Lessons with Evan
Evan still has a couple private lesson slots open after the workshops
on Sunday.  Let me know ASAP if you'd like to book one.

besos!
Meredith