[Tango-A] NA-E: May classes start at Triangulo; milonga discounts; Felina shoes; advanced workshops

Virginia Nicholson ginnynicholson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 10:48:58 EDT 2008

***************MAY AT TRIANGULO*****************

  * CLASSES START THIS WEEK! Apr 29th, Apr 30th & May 1st
  * Theme of the month: Barridas (Sweeps)
  * Thursday advanced class: Colgadas, Volcadas, and Calesitas
  * Tues 4/29: Colgadas w Tango Champ Goytia includes FREE milonga
  * Reduced Entrance for Tuesday Milonga
  * Felina is coming! (and giving us a 20% discount -see below)
  * 4/30 Beginner's Night Out Practica - Performance, Felina Shoes
  * Practitioner Playlist Nights @ Weds Practica - 5/14 Monica Mariño
  * Free Beginner Workshops
  * Contact Us

 *May's Theme: Barridas
  This month, we'll be focusing on the barrida, a sweeping motion in
 which one partner's foot playfully sweeps the other's and places it
 without losing contact. Sharpen your balance and precision, and learn
 some exciting exits out of this move.

 *Thursday Advanced Class: Colgadas, Volcadas, and Calesitas
  Do you trust your partner? Find out in this month's advanced workshop
 on off-axis moves! Carina Moeller and Eduardo Goytia (2007 USA Tango
 Champion) will be teaching the calesita or "carousel," where the
 leader places the follower on one foot and dances around him/her, as
 well as some fun leans and new variations on the ever-sexy volcada.
 These eye-catching steps provide a pleasant, surprising break from the
 norm and draw attention to the follower's legs. Thursdays 8:30-9:30
 pm, $22/class or $80/month. Note: No partner required. Students who
 plan to take the class please email ginny at tangonyc.com so we can try
 to get a good gender balance.

  * Tuesday 4/29 Special Workshop with Ed Goytia & Carina Moeller
  Intermediate level Colgadas (Hangs) class with National Tango
 Champion Ed Goytia and Carina Moeller. $22. FREE ENTRANCE TO MILONGA
IF YOU TAKE THE CLASS. We'll be covering off-axis hangs, turning
colgadas, and lots of other cool stuff. No partner necessary - come as
you are! Don't miss out.

 *Recession Concession: Reduced Milonga Pricing Continues!
  $8 before 10pm, $10 after 10. ($8 for current TriANGulO students).
 May DJs: 4/29 Lung-Kuei, 5/6 Carina's Nuevo Mix, 5/13 Adam

 * Felina is Coming!
  To our 4/30 Beginner's Night Out Practica - and she's giving us a
 special **20%** discount (see below - prices include tax; NO credit
 cards, cash or check with valid ID). Felina will be bringing the best
 tango brands for men and women: BailaTango by FELINA, NeoTango and
 Delie.

  *Special Práctica: April Beginners' Night Out 4/30 - Encore
 performance by Carina and Ed, PLUS Felina shoes

 Tired of practicing alone, broomstick for a partner? Then it's time
 to check out the Wednesday Práctica! Everyone's always welcome at the
 práctica, but on April 30th in particular, we're making a special
 effort to bring together students from all five beginner and
 advanced-beginner level classes. Wednesday, April 30th, 9:30-11pm.
Bring cash or a check so you can buy your own pair of tango shoes from
Felina! $7, $5 for Triangulo students. (Attendance at the Practica not
mandatory for
 discount). Special: Get $5 off if sign up for May classes at 4/30
Practica - plus get another $5 off if you get a new friend to sign up!
Beginner's Night Out happens again on May 28.

  * Practica: Practitioner Playlist Nights - 5/14 Monica Mariño
  Got some songs you've been wanting to share or dance to? We know you
 do, and we wanna hear 'em! Two weeks ago, our man Mark plugged in his
 iPod and kicked off our first ever Practitioner Playlist Night. It was
 a treat. And now, we'd love to hear YOUR playlist; just send Henry
 ohhenry at tangonyc.com an e-mail if you're interested. To make it more
 fun, if you e-mail before May, you'll be eligible to win some nice
 prizes (a portable DVD player, an mp3 player, portable speakers,
 etc.). Our next PPN will be at the Weds 5/14 Practica (9:30-11pm),
 when Monica will share her musical genius!

  *Free Absolute Beginner Workshops
  TriANGulO will be holding two FREE absolute beginner workshops this
 month: Friday, May 30th at 8:30pm and Saturday, May 31st at 8:00pm.
 Tell all your friends!

 TRY OUT ANY SINGLE REGULAR CLASS FOR JUST $10! (if you have never
been to TriANGulO before - see our class schedule at www.tangonyc.com)

 Milongas and Prácticas
 Nighttime Tango Salon: Tuesdays 9:30pm-1:00am
  Afternoon Tango Salon: Fridays 4:30pm-8:30pm
 Guided Práctica for Beginning to Intermediate Students: Wednesdays
 9:30pm-11:00pm

******CONTACT INFO************

Triangulo
135 West 20th St. #301