[Tango-A] NA-C: 4th Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta Nov 8-11 in Urbana IL - Registration Open

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 03:55:05 EDT 2007

The Tango Society of Central Illinois is pleased to announce that
registration is now open for the 4th Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta
Thursday - Sunday Nov 8-11 in Urbana IL. Come to our Fiesta and enjoy tango
as it is danced in the milongas of Buenos Aires, the birthplace of tango.

Details are available on our fiesta home page:

http://www.centraltango.com/TangoInstruction/2007CloseEmbraceFiestaHomePage.htm

Our instructional team consists of instructors who are experienced and
recognized nationally and internationally as being among the best in
teaching tango in close embrace:

- Hsueh-tze Lee (Boston)
- Christopher Nassopoulous & Caroline Peattie (San Francisco)
- Maximiliano Gluzman ( Buenos Aires)
- Ramu Pyreddy (Washington DC)

The registration fee of $125 ($65 for students) includes
- a choice of 5 (among 15) dance workshops
- 2 audio-visual presentations
- 1 DJ workshop
- 4 milongas (including a Sunday brunch and a festival closing pizza party)
- Refreshments at milongas and during breaks between workshops
- Free parking at the festival site

In addition, there will be a special festival opening 2 hr workshop on
communication between tango partners by Hsueh-tze Lee on Thursday night.

Contact us about special discounts for student groups and community
organizers traveling more than 200 miles.

The program includes a special discounted series of workshops on tango
fundamentals on Friday and Saturday that is accessible to newcomers to tango
in close embrace, yet at the same time continuing to providing insight on
technique for the most advanced dancers, as well as ideas for curriculum
development for tango instructors.

So come to Urbana IL Nov 8-11 and experience a most enjoyable tango
festival. Our Fiesta is known as providing a friendly environment with great
instructors, great dancers, and a top notch festival facility. If you've
been here before, you already know that. If you haven't been here. ask
someone who has. Festival size has grown from 100 to 140 participants over
the years, providing an interesting variety of dancers to mingle with, a
group that each year becomes more geographically diverse (all over Midwest
and beyond), while not being so large as to make it difficult to cultivate
tango friendships. There are cost saving in coming to our University (of
Illinois) town, with numerous affordable hotels and restaurants within
walking distance of the festival site. Our tango community is also generous
in providing some housing for festival attendees in their homes (preference
given to students).

Champaign-Urbana IL is located within 3 hours driving and almost equidistant
from Chicago, Indianapolis, and St Louis. There are 3 interstate highways
(I-74, I-57, I-72) within minutes of the festival site, and the Champaign
(CMI) airport is 15 minutes away.

We look forward to seeing you in Urbana in November.

Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
 Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana IL
http://www.centraltango.com