[Tango-A] NA-E: Tomas Howlin & Florencia Taccetti, Oct 5-7 in Pittsburgh

Sarah Cornelius sarah at akoyaonline.com
Thu Sep 20 17:21:36 EDT 2007

OCTOBER 5, 6, and 7, 2007 -- Pittsburgh Tangueros' 10th Anniversary Celebration Weekend with TOMAS HOWLIN and FLORENCIA TACCETTI

DJs: Manuk Colakyan, Linda Chen

Tango began in Pittsburgh in the early 90s with a small group of swing dancers. Among our first professional influences were Danel and Maria, who generously drove from NYC to teach workshops.  Local dancers/teachers Eduardo Goytia and Linda Jeub shepherded the formal incorporation of the group in 1997 -- our ostensible excuse for a big party!  More at http://www.pittsburghtangueros.org

Today, Pittsburgh has an active, friendly, enthusiastic community, with three teaching groups, four practicas, and at least one weekly milonga.  Many students, dancers, teachers, and organizers have contributed to our community over the years -- too many to name, but you know who you are -- and we invite you all, near and far, to dance with us!

Weekend schedule, directions, lodging suggestions, etc. at http://www.pittsburghtangueros.org/events

Contact:  info at pittsburgtangueros.org