[Tango-A] NA:E-NYC Alicia Cruzado's technique class etc

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 13:24:29 EDT 2007

NYC is blessed with great teachers. Here is information about one in
particular. Alicia Cruzado, popular Argentine-American in NYC, is honing the
tango dancers' craft, offering classes of special interest. She is not
posting on this list so I want to help get out information I consider really
useful to the serious tango student as her work is very impressive!

TUESDAYS:
TANGO WORKOUT AND TANGO SALON, INTER/ADVANCED
8:00-9:30 PM
Mambo D Dance Center
315 W. 36th St. 10th Fl. Studio 1003

THURSDAYS:
TANGO WORKOUT FOR WOMEN ONLY, ALL LEVELS
8:00-9:30 PM
The Fisk Building
250 W 57TH  (just West of B'way), Studio 528

I respect the fact that she generously answers all questions and breaks down
the material both in the Tues. partners class and in the Thurs. women-only
class---classes often running over-time!

Here follows a few excerpts from her site, WWW.ALICIATANGO.COM:

"All of Alicia¹s classes emphasize the structure, analysis and possibilities
of each and every movement.  Each dance style has its own type of music,
embrace and steps as well as different technique of dancing." (spelled out
at her site--www.aliciatango.com)

"When a dancer has strong technique he or she can freely express themselves.
This technique class (i.e.Tango Workout) teaches the student to move freely
and safely with an emphasis on balance, core strength, posture, control and
alignment."

"The goal is to train and discipline body and focus the mind to transform
the dancer into an articulate instrument.  The workout frees students of
excess tension and expands movement possibilities."

"For men, special needs such as how to understand the dissociations and
between the upper and lower body as well as between the arm and the feet and
how to utilize this.... to build strength, control, agility, flexibility and
tone the entire body in preparation for dance partnership."

For the women "TANGO WORKOUT ALSO ADDRESSES SPECIAL NEEDS FOR WOMEN, SUCH AS
HOW TO DANCE SAFELY AND GRACEFULLY IN HEELS AND WALK BACKWARDS." (my
emphasis. LK)

Enjoy her descriptions of the tango, vals, milonga, perhaps attend one of
her classes and see for yourself.

See www.aliciatango.com, or phone her at 212 678 6242
E-mail at <aliciatango at aol.com>

¡Buena suerte!