[Tango-A] NA-E: Susana Miller Sept. 14-18 in Pittsburgh

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 06:29:47 EDT 2007

Susana Miller – Sept. 14-18 in Pittsburgh

Join us for a weekend with Susana Miller in her only visit
to the Eastern/Mid-Atlantic region!

Highlights include:
- 2 milongas
- Special rate for novices
- Master classes with limited registration

SUSANA MILLER of Buenos Aires is the most prominent teacher
in the world today of the "milonguero" style of tango.
Clarin, the major Buenos Aires daily paper, called her one
of the four most important influences on contemporary
tango, along with Miguel Angel Zotto, Gustavo Naveira and
Gerardo Portalea.   The "milonguero" (or apilado) style is
danced in the crowded clubs of central Buenos Aires. It
emphasizes the connection between the couple and
musicality, resulting in a form of tango with a natural
connection between dancers.

Susana encourages students to employ more rhythm in their
dance, to discover their own dance vocabularies, and to
learn how to shape and shrink these in space.  For women,
she encourages active following, in which the woman
interprets the messages that the man’s body and the spirit
are sending.  Instead of using preset patterns, she imparts
a basic choreographic vocabulary that allows dancers to
creatively shape their own language.

MILONGA PICANTE
Saturday, Sept. 15
9:30pm-1:30am
3519 Butler St.
$10

All workshops held at the Wilkins School & Community
Center, 7604 Charleston Ave.

FRIDAY, SEPT. 14
7:30-8:00pm  Registration & Warm-up.
8:00-9:30pm  1. MILONGUERO FUNDAMENTALS I (All levels).
Like a musical instrument, the body also needs to be tuned.
 This milonguero refresher includes posture, rhythm,
embrace, and basic choreography.   Includes tango social.
Special rate of $15 for first-timers.
9:30-11:30pm  TANGO SOCIAL.  Free with workshops, $5
otherwise.

SATURDAY, SEPT. 15
1:00-1:30pm  Registration & Warm-up.
1:30-3:00pm  2.  MILONGUERO FUNDAMENTALS II (Int. & up).
Integrating more steps to your choreographies. Only little
details.  Balance and ornaments for woman.
3:30-5:00pm  3.  HOW TO DANCE ON "A DIME" (Adv).
Milongueros movements. Porteño tango look and feeling.

SUNDAY, SEPT. 16
1:00-1:30pm  Registration & Warm-up.
1:30-3:30pm  4.  MASTER CLASS I.  For close-embrace
diehards.  Limited registration.
4:00-6:00pm  5.  MASTER CLASS II.  Continuation of Master
Class I.  Limited registration.

Pricing
=======
Fri/Sat. classes:
1 class
$25
2 classes
$45
3 classes
$65

Sunday Master Classes:  $30 each

10% discount for those traveling 100+ miles

Private Lessons
===============
Privates with Susana are $100/hour for single or couples.
Studio rental fee of $15 if necessary.  Contact Trini at
412-521-1476 or patangos at yahoo.com to schedule.

Housing
=======
A limited amount of housing may be available.  Contact
Trini at patangos at yahoo.com or 412-521-1476.

Super8 Motel (Monroeville), 724-733-8008
Days Inn (Monroeville) 412.856.1610 Hampton Inn University
Center (Oakland), 412.681.1000
Holiday Inn Parkway East 412.247.2700
Radisson Hotel (Monroeville) 412.373.7300

WILKINS SCHOOL & COMMUNITY CENTER
=================================
7604 Charleston Ave
WSCC is located off Exit 7 (Edgewood/Swissvale) of I-376.
Travel towards Edgewood on S. Braddock Avenue. Turn left
onto Sanders Avenue. Turn left onto Milton Avenue (1
block).

For more info, contact Trini at 412-521-1476 or
patangos at yahoo.com.   Website:
http://patangos.home.comcast.net/susanna.htm

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/