[Tango-A] NA-W: San Diego Tango Festival Hotel Deadline Coming up.

Tom Stermitz stermitz at tango.org
Wed Nov 28 15:49:58 EST 2007

This is a reminder that it's time to register for the San Diego Tango
Festival. HOTEL RESERVATION DEADLINE is less than two weeks, so you
need to get your rooms now. There are some decent airfares out there.

2nd SAN DIEGO TANGO FESTIVAL :
- January 3 - 6, 2008.
- http://LaEternaMilonga.com
- http://SanDiegoTangoFestival.com
- Early arrival workshops by Brigitta Winkler on Thursday, Jan 3.

GOLDILOCKS TANGO FESTIVAL?

Registration is ahead of last year, and we expect attendance in the
350-400 range (not too big, not too small... just right). Gender
ratios are doing very well, but as always, we urge women to encourage
men from your communities to attend... It takes both men and women to
return home with the festival energy.

I'm getting reports from other festivals that the dance level
everywhere seems to be up this year. That was also my experience from
the Denver Labor Day festival, where I felt that the male dancers were
just a lot more dynamic. I'm not sure what it is, practice, maturity,
confidence, hormones?

I've noticed there are some decent airfares out there.

ABOUT THE SAN DIEGO TANGO FESTIVAL

- 5 Buenos Aires style milongas, Tandas and Curtinas
- 2 Classes per day from Friday to Sunday

Brought to you by the organizers of the Denver Tango Festivals. Last
year was very fun with a hugely enthusiastic group local dancers. The
hotel is an old-fashioned, resort-style California hotel with lots of
swimming pools and palm trees.

This is another "Tango Festival For Dancers, By Dancers". This means
everything is designed with the dancers in mind. Dance floor will be
arranged with tables aournd the edge so walkers don't distrub the line
of dance. The floors will be crowded, but courteous. Expect two or
three lanes and Buenos Aires style floorcraft. DJs will play tandas
with curtinas. Most people are familiar with and use the cabeceo to
get dances, and the teaachers will emphasize navigation and floorcraft
in their classes.

Workshops are oriented to SOCIAL tango dancing, not stage tango. The
level will be high, and many advanced dancers will be attending
workshops. This is where you meet and get to know partners for dancing
later at the milongas.

PRICING
- Milonga Pass $65 (5 milongas)
- Workshop Pass $85 (4 classes)
- Festival Pass $145 (5 milongas and 4 classes)

Teachers will include:
- Brigitta Winkler
- Hsueh-tze Lee
- Christopher Nassapolos & Caroline Peattie
- Robin Thomas & Marika Landry

DJs will include:
- Robin Thomas
- Dan Boccia