[Tango-A] NA-E: Woodstock Tango Thank-you, plus June 16

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 15:45:39 EDT 2007

Hola Tango friends & colleagues,
A giant  thank-you to all who participated in Woodstock Tango's Memorial
Day Tango Weekend.
Angel Garcia Clemente's show Dance Fury *, was a huge success
artistically and commercially with nearly 200 people attending, most of
whom stayed into the early morning hours for the milonga and swing
dances afterward.

Many metropolitan New Yorker's traveled up to the Hudson Valley to join
us and also took the Sunday workshops with the truly legendary Tete y
Silvia, whose workshops broke our attendance records!! --- we had 55
people in class but in the spacious Mountain View Studio, there was
still plenty of space and light.

Thank-you to everyone who arrived from NYC, Albany, Lenox, Poughkeepsie,
the Hudson Valley, New Jersey and in-between.
Your efforts to get here and continuing support are deeply appreciated!

Thank-you Angel  and incredible cast- Mariana Fresno, Mariana Parma,
Jason Colacino, Anya and Christian Baerens.
*-Angel's show Roxana's Tango, a larger version of Dance Fury, will be
playing NYC June 27-July 1, check out www.tangoymas.org.

Thank-you to the great milongueros Tete y Silvia  who became good
friends of the community during their stay and who once again showed us
all what social dancing is about! We will have them back whenever they
can come back to the states..... (you can still catch them Friday night
at la Belle Epoch/Ukrainian Assoc.  and Saturday night at the Lafayette
Grill in NYC).

Kudos and thanks to our Woodstock Tango Team... especially Patricia,
William, Evelyn, Graham, Tara, Marie, Ed, Caitlin,
and to Chef Ef who masterfully manned the asado grill for Sunday's
fantastic bar-b-que...
Photos will be up on the Woodstock Tango website soon....

Next up....
SATURDAY JUNE 16TH...PULPO y LUISA!!!
3p Afternoon Workshops & 9p Evening Milonga ~  all at the Mountain View
Studio, Woodstock NY
(PLEASE NOTE JUNE 16 DATE --IT IS ON THE 3RD SATURDAY, NOT THE USUAL
LAST SATURDAY)

THANK YOU GOOD FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES,
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

(Hope to see you either in Albany, this Friday June 1, when I dj for
Pete & Cher's last Albany milonga (www.tangoalbany.com), or Sunday in
NYC when I DJ Esmeralda's Tango & Tapas Milonga, 7:30pm, 73rd St & 1st Ave)
UN BESO,
Ilene