[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC JOIN THE 1st DANCE PARADE!

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 20:48:37 EDT 2007

For those of you in the New York Area who want to join in the fun and help
promote
Argentine tango on May 19th, read on!
(See www.danceparade.org for more information about this "first"--a parade
representing all forms of dance--
we hope to have a strong tango presence.

>From the parade organizers:
³10am -12noon - Parade Formation: West 32nd Street between Fifth Avenue and
Broadway, just below the Empire State Building.
All  Individual dancers should come between 12pm and 1..
1pm - Welcome Address
1:30 - Music Starts
2pm - Parade Begins!
Route proceeds down Broadway past Union Square to 13th Street. Right on 13th
to Fifth Avenue.
With the Washington Memorial Arch in view, we will dance slowly, allowing
dancers to show off their regalia and talent!
At Washington Square North (the arch), street dancers will enter the Park.
Floats will turn right on Waverly and proceed toward Sixth Avenue for Float
dismissal.
4pm-8pm: After the Parade, Enjoy DJ's and dance performances in the Park! ³

Join us!
Come to the big tent at 32nd and Broadway, there will be a tango
representative to direct you.
We will be identified by a bunch of red balloons and Yesim¹s music!!!
We will dance in the street as there are very few groups who could purchase
a float.
We have asked to be placed between quieter groups.
The sound system, courtesy of Celebrate Tango, will be on a van in front of
the dancers.
The van will also be a moving ³check room², you can bring clothes for
night-- bags, shoes. (There will be a small charge)

IDEA: Any better ideas for dancing on the street by preparing your shoes?
We¹ll have a scissors and packing tape if you want
to fasten tape to your soles!  If you have better ideas E-mail us!!

Everyone join in --even if you are newer to tango. Just like at a milonga:
bring partners or find partners, change partners.
We will also be passing out 5,000 leaflets on NYC tango activities.

4:00-8:00 there will be performances on 4 different stages or floats in
Washington Square.
Tango will be represented but we don¹t know when. We will e-mail with this
information when we learn more.

Hope you can all join us.
Lucille

Lucille Krasne