[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC's ESMERALDA'S Sun.Milonga plus Tango History talk

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 19:39:31 EDT 2007

This Sunday-May 6-------- in the Back Party Room  @ Session 73 at 7:30
following the 6:30 classes*
(Note: I will be sending another e-mail with complete details about joining
the dance parade.  In the meantime, please see danceparade.org, and add your
name to my name or any you wish. All tango dancers will be dancing together.
See Dance Parade announcement at the bottom of this announcement.)

> Esmeralda¹s Tango & Tapas presentsŠ
> Johnny Tablada¹s 1st in a series of monthly of talks
> on THE HISTORY OF THE ARGENTINE TANGO
> based on the actual curriculum offered at the highly respected Academia
> Nacional del Tango in Buenos Aires‹the only institution in the world offering
> a recognized  Bachelors Degree in tango history (this will include his
> offering us clues to understanding the fascinating argot of Lunfardo!)
> Join us for this unique and valuable hour 7:30 to 8:30
> * Note: for those of you wishing only to dance,  the regular milonga continues
> uninterrupted in the front room from 7:30 to midnight.
>
> MEET THE MUSIC¹s ILENE DE WOODSTOCK returns to DJ for us this Sunday. Her
> wonderfully stimulating and participatory salons return MAY 13 and MAY 20 (
> 7:30-8:30 in the Party Room)
>
>  73rd St & 1st Ave, SW corner  €  $10 admission includes music salon, milonga,
> and classes at 6:30 JEAN FUNG teaches pre-intermediate class in the Party
> Room, I teach beginners class Front Bar area
>  Doors open at 5:30 --Please try the delicious tapas with the COMPLIMENTARY
> DRINK offered
> by Session 73 in the café until 8:30 (or later if you are attending the music
> salon.)
>
>  Hope to see many of you this Sunday!
>  Lucille
>  Re: DANCE PARADE ANNOUNCES
> The 1st annual DANCE PARADE NEW YORK will take place on Sat., May 19th, 2007.
> The 1st ever-parade and festival of such scope and scale will celebrate and
> showcase all forms of dance, and include thousands of dancers making their way
> to the Village from 32nd St. down 5th Ave. & Broadway! Led by Mayor Bloomberg
> and a surprise celebrity Grand Marshall, the parade will be followed by a
> vibrant Dance Festival in Washington Square Park, including DJs and dance
> performances on several stages....

> 10am - 12noon - Parade Formation: West 32nd Street between Fifth Avenue and
> Broadway, just below the Empire State Building. All floats must check in by
> noon. Individual dancers may come at 1pm.

1pm - Welcome Address

1:30 - Music Starts

2pm - Parade Begins!

Route proceeds down Broadway past Union Square to 13th Street. Right on 13th
to Fifth Avenue. With the Washington Arch Memorial in view, we will dance
slowly, allowing dancers to show off their regalia and talent!

At Washington Square North (the arch), street dancers will enter the Park.
Floats will turn right on Waverly and proceed toward Sixth Avenue for Float
dismissal.

4pm-8pm: After the Parade, Enjoy DJ's and dance performances in the Park!