[Tango-A] NA-E: TORONTO FESTIVAL 2007

Rhythm & Motion elunia at rhythmandmotion.ca
Mon Mar 26 23:12:09 EDT 2007

Dear Tango Friends

Toronto Tango Festival (June7th – 10th, 2007) is less than 3 month
away. The registration for the festival is now open! You can register
online www.TorontoTangoFestival.com

Please join us for a 4 day celebration of Argentine Tango including
workshops, practicas, 5 traditional milongas, 2 afternoon milongas,
performances and more.

THE FESTIVAL TEACHERS, DJs & PERFORMERS:

ERIC JORISSEN (Nijmegen, Netherlands)

CECILIA GONZALEZ (Buenos Aires)

TOMAS HOWLIN (Buenos Aires/Montreal)

NOEL STRAZZA (Buenos Aires/ Montreal)

ROBIN THOMAS (New York, NY)

STEVEN PAYNE (Portland, Oregon)

BULENT KARABAGLI (Montreal, Quebec)

MARIKA LANDRY (Montreal, Quebec)

RAMU PYREDDY (Ann Arbor, MI)

SCHEDULE SUMMARY

Thursday June 7th
8:00pm - 1:00am - Opening Milonga

Friday June 8th
2:00pm - 6:15pm – Workshops
8:00pm - 4:00am - All Night Milonga Portena

Saturday June 9th
12:00pm – 3:00pm – Workshops
3:00pm - 6:00pm - Afternoon Practilonga
8:00pm - 1:30am - Grand Ball Milonga
1:30am - 5:00am - Till Dawn Milonga

Sunday June 10th
1:30pm - 4:30pm - Workshops
4:30pm - 7:30pm - Afternoon Practilonga
9:00pm - 3:00am - Farewell Milonga

For more information about the schedule, please visit http://
www.torontotangofestival.com/schedule.html

PASSES

Deluxe Pass (Includes all workshops and milongas) before June 1 -
$190 /$165 US

Deluxe Pass (Includes all workshops and milongas) after June 1 -
$215/ $187 US

Full 3 Day Workshop only Pass - before June 1 - $130 /$113 US

Full 3 Day Workshop only Pass - after June 1 - $150 /$130 US

(Includes all daytime only workshops (Fri, Sat, Sun)

Milonga Pass includes all evening & afternoon milongas - $70 / $61 US

2 Day Workshop Pass (Saturday & Sunday or Fri.  & Sat. ) - $100 / $87 US

Single Day Workshop Pass (Please circle Fri / Sat / Sun) - $55 / $48 US

Single Workshop - $30 /$26 US

Intensive for Absolute Beginners - $90 /$78 US

Please note that if registering with a credit card, the US prices may
vary slightly, due to the exchange rate.

REGISTRATION

Registration is possible online, by mail or in person at the studio.
The deadline for early registration is June 1st.

HOTEL RESERVATION

The closest hotel to the venues is Days Inn, located at 14
Roncesvalles Ave.

Tel. 416-532-9900  www.daysinn.com

We are negotiating a special rate for the festival attendees. We will
send an e-mail with info as soon as we have a response from the hotel
management.

Also, I highly recommend “By the Park” Bed & Breakfast, located at 89
and 92 Indian Grove, only 5 minutes away from Lithuanian Hall. Prices
start from $55. This will book fast so don’t delay.

Tel. (416) 520-6102  www.bythepark.ca

More information, full schedule and registration please visit
www.torontotangofestival.com  or call us at 416-240-0808

NEW FOR 2007

Intensive Workshop for Absolute Beginners with Steven Payne from
Portland.

Saturday, June 9, 2007

12:00-3:00pm – Workshop

Sunday, June 10, 2007

1:00-4:00 – Workshop

These workshops are designed for anyone who has been dancing tango
for less than 6 months or has never tried Argentine Tango.

Elizabeth
Toronto International Tango Festival
info at torontotangofestival.com
416-240-0808