[Tango-A] NA-E: ATLANTA TANGO FESTIVAL: less than four weeks away

Angel Montero angel_montero01 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 3 16:14:36 EST 2007

           Dear Tango Friends:

 We are less than four weeks from the beginning of the THIRD ATLANTA TANGO FESTIVAL, that will take place in beautiful downtown Decatur March 29th-April 1st 2007.

 Registration is in full swing, but we still have room in the workshops and milongas for all of you that did not register yet. So far we have dancers from San Diego to Boston and from Miami to Seattle, including some of your favorite teachers (the list will be too long to include them all).
 As, please visit the festival webpage for the last updates (www.atlantatangofestival.com)

 These are the last news about this great event:

 - Hotel update
 - Teachers Training Network
 - Deadline for complimentary T-shirts
 - Final DJ line up

 HOTEL UPDATE

 All the events will take place at Holiday Inn Select in downtown Decatur.
 The hotel is SOLD OUT for the days of the festival (we are already taking 75% of the total rooms at the hotel). We are working on releasing some more rooms and use them for the festival, but we recommend you to make a reservation at any of the hotels nearby (we are starting a waiting list). These are the most convenient hotels (*indicates walking distance to the main hotel, if you don't mind driving, we can give you a more extensive list):

 Super 8 Motel*
  917 Church St.
  Decatur GA  30030
  404-378-3765
  Decatur Inn*
  921 Church St.
  Decatur GA  30030
  404-378-3125
  Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Emory
  2183 N. Decatur  Rd.
  Decatur GA  30033
  404-320-0888

 Also, if you have a reservation at the hotel and you want to find a roommate, please let us know and we will put you in contact with somebody else looking for the same.

 TEACHERS TRAINING NETWORK

 There are still places available for the Teachers Training Network. This special workshop for tango teachers will take place Friday March 30th, 7:30-9pm. You don't have to miss any other class to attend the TTN.

 The workshop is not included in any pass. Pricing will be as follows:
 $15 for Festival Pass holders
 $35 for people without a Festival Pass

 Please let us know if you want to take the class and we will add you to the list on a first come, first served basis.
 More information at: http://www.atlantatangofestival.com/privates.html

 PRIVATE CLASSES

 Every teacher in the Third Atlanta Tango Festival will be teaching private classes, always on a limited basis. In order to maximize the use of time and space, Barbara Durr will coordinate the private classes schedule.          Please contact us with the specifics of your request at angel at atlantatangofestival.com and we will contact the teacher to confirm his/her availability.
                DEADLINE FOR COMPLIMENTARY T-SHIRTS

 Everybody registering for a Festival Pass before MARCH 20th will receive a Festival T-shirt. Sorry, no free T-shirts for walk-ins. The T-shirts will be for sale on site for $10.

 For details about registration, please visit www.atlantatangofestival.com/pricing.html

 FINAL DJ LINE UP

 Tine Herreman, from Yale, will be our DJ for the last milonga Sunday night. Last year we kept dancing until 4am. This year it could be even better.

 Details about the rest of milonga and workshop schedule are available at:

 www.atlantatangofestival.com/schedule.html

 Please, do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you might have.

 See you here in three weeks.

 angel montero (angel_montero01 at yahoo.com)
 alan forde (fordeas at earthlink.net)