[Tango-A] NA-E: YALE TANGO FEST April 6-8 in New Haven, CT

Yale Tango Club yaletangoclub at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 12:55:28 EST 2007

Dear friends

Updates about:

YALE TANGO FEST
April 6-8, 2007
New Haven, Connecticut

www.yaletangofest.com

Updates:
Schedule of classes is up! (go to www.yaletangofest.com, click schedule)
Prices are up (click registration)
Hotel roommate finder (click on Lodging)
Home hosting for students (click on Lodging)
Tango DJ network meeting, more details later
Community building meeting (tango clubs): how to recruit, develop, thrive
We have a professional Fest photographer! http://www.bostonphotographs.com
Comme Il Faut and Neotango shoes
Tango Shoe Exchange: bring your unused/underused shoes, drop in
box, and pick up $ later
Yale Tango T-shirts, fun tanktops, pants
Group lunch in beautiful Yale College Dining Hall

Teachers:
Brigitta Winkler and Tomas Howlin
Nick Jones and Tara Fortier
Robin Thomas and Jennifer Olson
Ney Melo and Jennifer Bratt
Carlos and Tova Moreno

DJs:
Robin Thomas
Tomas Howlin
Tine Herreman

Classes:
More than 20 classes for different levels

Milongas:
Friday, Double Trouble Milonga: two dance floors for traditional and
alternative, DJs Tine Herreman and TBA
Saturday, All Night Milonga, DJ Robin Thomas. Goes until last one standing
Sunday, Gypsy Milonga, DJ Tomas Howlin

Practicas

Prices:
FEST PASS, includes all the classes, milongas, practicas, Absolutely
Everything
Students and postdocs, any school: $60
People with real jobs: $120
Smaller passes will be made available later subject to availability.

Registration will open in March. To be notified of the start of
registration, get on our list at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yaletangofest/

If you are a tango-dancing university student, you are especially warmly
invited to come dance with us, please hit reply and let us know you exist.

New Haven is easily reached from wherever you are, by car, bus, MetroNorth
or Amtrak, info on our website. All the Fest locations are within a few
minutes walk of each other in downtown New Haven. Budget eateries and
upscale restaurants on surrounding blocks. Non-metered parking is available
on residential streets nearby (read the signs). A simple hotel room can be
had in New Haven for $50   and up. Limited hosting options available for
students with registration. All information is on our website
http://www.yaletangofest.com

The Yalies are looking forward to dancing with you!

Tine and Henry
Fest organizers
tine at yaletangoclub.org <tine%40yaletangoclub.org>
henry at yaletangoclub.org

To read why you should have come to our recent milonga,
http://www.milongareview.com/2007/02/new-havenct-yales-milongadotedu-sunday.html

and if you didn't, you can still come to our Fest!