[Tango-A] Episode 7 of 8 - Tango Television with Podesta

Ney Melo neymelo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 11:55:32 EST 2007

Greetings from Buenos Aires!

I appreciated all the feedback on the last six episodes. The last 2
episodes of Tango Television are still waiting to be seen and I
promise that they will be awesome. Please
continue to watch and enjoy the program and post comments.

I have alot of love for Episode 7 because this episode features a
recent performance by Alberto Podesta. He is the last of the great
vocalists of the 1940's. He sang with the orchestras of Miguel Calo,
Carlos Di Sarli, and Pedro Laurenz among others. In fact, he recorded
with the DiSarli Orchestra at the age of 17! He also happens to be my
favorite vocalist with Di Sarli. Here are some of his hits:

with Di Sarli:
Nido Gaucho
Junto a Tu Corazon
La capilla blanca
Tú el cielo y tú
Todo
Volver a vernos

with Pedro Laurenz:
Alma de bohemio
Garúa
Recién
Paisaje

with Miguel Caló:
Percal
Bajo un cielo de estrellas
Si Tu Quisieras
Pedacito De Cielo

Of course there will be lots of dance performances. I won't say who,
you'll have to watch and find out.

A new episode premieres every Wednesday night around midnight (NYC Time).

Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/tangotelevision

Ney Melo
--
Don't forget to spread the word about "TANGO TELEVISION" at
http://www.youtube.com/tangotelevision