[Tango-A] SA: Tango Intensivos(tm) February 2007 in Buenos Aires with Luciana Valle: Second Notice

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Thu Jan 18 00:57:12 EST 2007

Dear Tango Aficionados,

In the darkness of winter, it's comforting to think of just how easy it
could be to head south - WAY south - where it's still summer, where they
play tango in the taxis, and where an opportunity awaits you to jump-start
your OWN tango to the next level - with our TangoIntensivo(tm) sessions in
February, being held simultaneously with the Ninth Annual Buenos Aires Tango
Festival!

Now in its third year, the TangoIntensivos(tm) have earned an enviable
reputation for quality and return business.  Luciana has split the first
program into two groups of topics, Intensivo I and Intensivo II, to be able
to investigate more material at the same level, and to effectively lay the
training groundwork for those looking for a systematic approach to advanced
tango training at an even higher level.

TOPICS DESCRIPTION FOR INTENSIVOS I AND II NOW ON WEBSITE

Visit the website at www.danceoftheheart.com for a breakdown on what the
first two Intensivos will cover.  These two programs are taught at the same
level - aimed at those who are comfortable with the basics, but who want to
take their tango to the next level through an intensive program with a
brilliant teacher and a talented dedicated staff of dancers to partner you.
Luciana Valle (www.lucianavalle.com) is justly famous worldwide for her
clear and powerful teaching in a warm and engaging style.  Master of both
leading and following roles, a gorgeous improvisational social dancer and a
peerless technician of the structure and technique of the dance, the
intensity and comprehensiveness of her tango mastery is the cornerstone of
these programs.  She handpicks the partners you'll dance with, our
TangoIntensivo(tm) Assistants, from among her students in Buenos Aires.

TAKE EITHER PROGRAM - OR BOTH!

The two programs can be taken individually in any order, but most people in
the program currently signed up are taking BOTH programs!  Once you've taken
both, either now or later, you have all the training you'd need to take the
Intensivo Al Cuadrado programs this fall, which are at the cutting edge of
tango structure and technique.

WHATEVER YOUR STYLE...
Some of our most enthusiastic supporters (and most successful recruiters of
new students) are self-described milongueros in style preference - one is
even an organizer of a successful milonguero festival in the USA!  They know
from experience with this program that the intense and focused
re-examination of structure and technique provided by our Intensivos(tm)
empowers and enhances their favorite tango social dance style.  By
"stretching their envelope" outside their comfort zone in a supportive
environment with a warm and dedicated staff genuinely interested in their
progress, in a short period of intense work they can really open the doors
to a new level of mastery in their tango.

CLASS SIZE STRICTLY LIMITED
To insure that you're given the best chance to improve rapidly, and that you
get the most benefit from dancing with our talented staff, we've strictly
limited the program to a maximum of 20 students, first come first served.

A WELL-EARNED REPUTATION FOR QUALITY
Our students not only enjoy themselves and the challenges we present them,
but they keep coming back - and bringing their friends!  At the start of our
third year, we've had six programs already, and some people have returned
for second, third or even FOURTH helpings at the "TangoIntensivo Buffet!"

ENJOY THE MUPTIPLE TANGO DELIGHTS OF THE BUENOS AIRES TANGO FESTIVAL!
As in past years, your time spent with us during the day is enhanced by the
incredible range of evening and nighttime tango cultural events put on by
the City of Buenos Aires in its annual Tango Festival, now in its ninth
year.  The festival runs from February 24 through March 4, so attendees of
both programs can join in.

DATES:
Intensivo I: February 19-24, 2007
Intensivo II: February 26-March 3, 2007

DURATION
Each program is 25 hours long: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday are 5
hours each. Wednesday and Saturday are half days of 2.5 hours each.  On a
regular day, we start around 11 and finish around 5:30 or 6pm, including a
break for lunch and an afternoon breather.

COST
The programs are US$650 each, or can be combined for US$1250.  Airfare,
meals and lodging are extra, but we have extensive experience on what has
worked for our customers in the past.  Credit card payment available on our
website.  After you register, we're happy to provide you with the benefits
of our experience.

SPECIAL DEAL FOR ORGANIZERS
Bring a minimum of five new people (no Intensivo experience) from your
community to one or more of our Intensivos and receive up to a $500 discount
on your own registration! Contact us for details!

NEW LEVELS
The details of the topics for both programs will be kept updated on our
website.  Please visit www.danceoftheheart.com for the latest details.
Remember, this is first-come-first-served; don’t miss these opportunities
for world-class tango teaching – high quality tango partners – all while
sharing the sights, sounds and feelings of the home of tango during the
Buenos Aires Tango Festival with a great group of dancers!

Please contact us if we can answer any questions - we look forward to
hearing from you ASAP!

Abrazos,

Brian Dunn and Deborah Sclar (and Luciana, claro!)
Dance of the Heart
775 Pleasant Street
Boulder Colorado 80302 USA
303-938-0716
www.danceoftheheart.com
“Building a better world, one tango at a time”