[Tango-A] NA-C: The Tango House 4th Annual Holiday Benefit Milonga, Sat. 12/29, 7pm-1am

Chas Gale chasgale at comcast.net
Wed Dec 26 11:56:59 EST 2007

Merry Christmas & Season's Greetings from The Tango House,

We are pleased again this year to donate all proceeds of our last Milonga of
2007 to The Brandon Center and the Bienvenidos Food Bank.

Our own "Iron Chef of Tango" Tony Rathburn is donating the food and his
formidable culinary talents for this years benefit. THANK YOU Tony for
giving so much! Tony needs some idea of how many to cook for so please call
or write and let us know you are coming.

Chas & Gaia, will offer an "Introduction to Tango" lesson. The lesson is
intended for first time tango dancers so let those friends who still haven't
tried tango know about this opportunity. The lesson is limited to 20 men and
20 women so please call or write ahead to reserve your spot! This is NOT
strictly promotion but will be a fun and information filled coaching session
designed to give brand new dancers a legitimate foundation in Argentine
Tango. The Lesson begins at 7pm. Please arrive a little early so that we can
start as close to 7 as possible.

The Brandon Center is a program of The Volunteers of America that provide
shelter to battered women and/or homeless women and their children.
http://www.voacolorado.org/

The Ellen L. Torres, Bienvenidos Food Bank provides food to over 200 needy
families every week from the NW Family Assistance Center.
http://www.bienvenidosfoodbank.org/

Please go to our web site to see a list of needed items for both
organizations, http://thetangohouse.com/22401.html . Last year we collected
well over 400lbs of food, hundreds of personal items for women and children
and $1600 in cash. Each year we have doubled the previous year's booty. We
hope to double again this year.

There is no minimum. Any donation of an item off the list and/or cash will
get you in, but please be generous and give all you can. Donations will be
divided equally between the two organizations. Checks can be written to The
Tango House or to the organizations directly. TTH will also provide credit
card services so that you can make a donation on your Visa or Master Card.
Receipts will be available as well.

Dancing begins immediately after the lesson at 8:30 or so.
Please call or write with any questions, 303-320-4020,
info at thetangohouse.com.

With our very best wishes for the Holiday Season,
Chas & Gaia

The Tango House
3617 Osage Street
Denver, CO 80211-3059