[Tango-A] NA-C: TETE & SILVIA WORKSHOPS IN MINNEAPOLIS, MN - APRIL 27/29 2007

Florencia Taccetti ftaccetti at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 12:29:05 EDT 2007

FLORENCIA TACCETTI PRESENTS

SPECIAL WORKSHOPS WITH PEDRO “TETE “ RUSCONI & SILVIA
CERIANI FROM BUENOS AIRES
APRIL 27- 29

Pedro “Tete” Rusconi is the foremost teacher of the
close embrace style of Argentine Tango (“milonguero
style”).
Since 1995, Pedro “Tete” Rusconi and Silvia Ceriani
have been dancing and teaching together. They have
toured throughout Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy,
Holland, Spain, Belgium, Sweden and the United States
(Ohio and Arizona), offering group and private classes
and exhibitions or performances and being part of
Tango Festivals. They prioritize the attention in the
musical compasses, the sensibility of the body, and
the liberty of the movement. Their tango waltz classes
are worldwide highly appreciated. Tete is noted for
his individual style of musicality, and the tango of
the golden era of the 1940’s and 1950’s.

Tete and Silvia have two tango instructional videos,
(www.bridgetothetango.com/bttv/tete.htm), that are
used and seen by most close embrace dancers. They are:
Fundamentals of Salon Tango with Tete & Silvia; and
Advance Salon Tango in Waltz Rhythm with Tete &
Silvia. Paul Pellicoro of New York wrote the book
"Paul Pellicoro On Tango" (2002), where he discusses
the masters of tango and included in the book is Tete
and Silvia. The following are links to videos where
you can watch Tete and Silvia perform:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJDowJI0-7s – Tete and
Silvia dancing tango waltz;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alcBFsaRoPQ – Tete and
Silvia dancing tango.

ABOUT OUR CLASSES:
Our Tango and Vals classes are designed to transmit
the Salon Style in its most pure expression; giving
special attention to the musicality, the posture, de
navigation and the joy of dancing.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR THE WEEK-END:

FRIDAY 27
SPECIAL BONUS CLASS
9 to 10 PM - Tete Basic Embrace 1 (All levels) Axis of
a Dancing Body.
                    Equilibrium and Displacement.
                    Pay at the door $20 (Includes
Milonga Night after class)

WORKSHOPS:

SATURDAY 28

12 to 1:30 PM - Tete Basic Embrace 2 (All levels)
                         Musicality and Rhythm.

2 to 3:30 - On the Dance Floor 1 (intermediate)
Changes of direction
                 and Turns.

4 to 5:30 - On the Dance Floor 2 (Intermediate) More
Turns and... do
                 you know what Cadencia means?

SUNDAY 29

1 to 2:30 - Choreography and Improvisation: Forgetting
the Steps
                 (Intermediate) - Possible Sequences.
Infinite combinations.
                 Repetition vs Improvisation.

3 to 4:30 - Vals (Intermediate) Advanced concepts in
Vals.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
 * Classes were designed in a progression and we
strongly recommend to don’t skip the first classes
since Tete & Silvia fundamentals are very different
than anybody else, please don’t assume that you
already know the material even if you consider your
self more advance, we suggest to take the classes in
the order that were assigned.
 * We’ll encourage partners rotation but you are
welcome to keep your own partner and in case of mixed
levels you should stay with people of your own level.
 * We recommend to arrive 20 minutes earlier to each
class to register, check-in and worm-up

WEEKEND WORKSHOPS COST:
Early registration until April 20th:  $100 for all the
Workshops and $25 for each.
After April 20th and for everybody:  $125 for all the
workshops and $30 each.
Mail checks to Florencia Taccetti at, 3700 - 36th Ave
South,
Minneapolis, MN 55406 or leave them at Four Seasons
Dance on her shelf.

MILONGAS OVER THE WEEKEND:

FRIDAY 27
10 PM to 1 AM - MILONGA PURO TANGO at 4 Seasons Dance
Studio
                          Organized and DJ by MICHAEL
CORDNER.
                          TETE & SILVIA DEMO around 11
PM
                           Coast: $7
SATURDAY 28
9 PM to 1 AM - SOCIAL DANCE MILONGA with Special Guest
DJ
                        from Argentina  SILVIA CERIANI
                        Organized by NIKO SALGADO
                        Anew Fitness & Spa, 2920
Bryant, Minneapolis (Uptown)
                        Cost: $ 8.00
SUNDAY 29
6 to 9 PM - PASTA BAR MILONGA with live music:
MANDRAGORA
                  directed by BOB BARNES
                  327 - 14th Ave Se, Minneapolis,
55414 -
                  Restaurant reservations at (612)
378-4849
                  Free admission.

9 to 10 PM - PASTA BAR DJ by CHRISTOPHER EVERETT

PREREGISTRATION FORM AND FLYER AT:
http://www.tejastango.com/Tete_Silvia_0407.pdf

PRIVATE LESSONS WITH TETE & SILVIA
Friday 27, Monday 30 & Tuesday May 1st by appointment
only. We’ll give priority to students who participate
at least on half of the week-end workshops. Coast:
$110 for an hour including the dance floor. Contact
Florencia to reserve your spot  ASAP.

For more information contact Florencia Taccetti at
ftaccetti at yahoo.com or 612-871-9651
See my page at www.tejastango.com/florencia.html

Florencia Taccetti612-871-9651ftaccetti at yahoo.comwww.tejastango.com/florencia.htmlIt is not because things are difficult that we don't dare, it is because we don't dare ourselves that they are difficult.