[Tango-A] NA-E, NA-W, NA-C: St Louis Festival, Dec 8-10, 2006

Shaun Sellers sellers at me.wustl.edu
Sat Sep 16 14:43:37 EDT 2006

Celebrate the winter holidays with hot tango in historic St Louis!
This weekend will provide 3 days of not-to-be missed classes
and dancing for experienced dancers in a friendly and intimate
environment.

This is a small festival with enrollment strictly limited to
100 participants (including milongas) and gender balanced.
The atmosphere is informal and relaxed, with an emphasis on
dancing.

The festival has developed a reputation as a "boutique festival"
with a high quality of instruction and with a limited number of
serious dancers from around the country. In addition, a special
class will be offered for teachers only.

No beginner level classes will be offered.

Last year we had participants come from over 20 different states
as well as from Canada and Germany, with 1/3 of the participants
tango instructors.

Cost: $130 festival pass (all milongas, all practicas, 6 classes,
refreshments, pizza, beer and wine).

Full-time students: $65!

Festival website:
http://www.gatewaytango.org/festival/

Dec 8-10, 2006

Guest instructors:
 -Jaimes Friedgen (Seattle),
 -Evan Griffiths (Eugene),
 -Jennifer Olson (Portland & New York),
 -Ramu Pyreddy (Ann Arbor),
 -Florencia Taccetti (Buenos Aires & Minneapolis),
 -Robin Thomas (New York),

DJs:
 -Jaimes Friedgen (Seattle),
 -Ramu Pyreddy (Ann Arbor),
 -Robin Thomas (New York),

Performances by instructors at Friday and Saturday evening milongas.

shaun
info at gatewaytango.org

Meet me in St. Louis, Louis.
Meet me at the tango fair.
Don't tell me the lights are shining
Any place but there.

We will dance the hoochie coochie.
I will be your tootsie wootsie
If you will meet me in St. Louis, Louis.
Meet me at the tango fair.

  Kerry Mills and Andrew B. Sterling (1904)

Festival website:
http://www.gatewaytango.org/festival/

email:
info at gatewaytango.org