[Tango-A] NA-C: Urbana IL - Oct 13-16: 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta - Registration Open

Ron Weigel tango.society at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 22:57:31 EDT 2006

The Program has been finalized and Registration is now open for the:

3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta
Friday - Monday October 13-16, 2006
Urbana, IL

Tango in close embrace - milonguero style. Man and woman in a
harmonious embrace, responding to the pulsation of tango music.
Connection. Musicality. Sometimes even a tango trance, in that moment
of suspension, or in that moment of intense rhythmic connection.

This is what Argentines experience on a regular basis in the milongas
of Buenos Aires. This is the essence of tango, what makes it different
from any other dance. If you go to Buenos Aires to experience tango at
its source, you will need to know how to dance this way. At many of
the  large tango festivals in the US and Europe, the same is true.

This October, for the third consecutive year, we are hosting a tango
festival in Champaign-Urbana IL that focuses on the delicious tango
that so many dancers know and love - tango in close embrace -
milonguero style.

Registration is now open for the 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango
Fiesta, to take place at the Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W
Stoughton, Urbana, from Friday to Monday, October 13-16, 2006. There
will be 11 dance workshops to choose from Friday night, Saturday
afternoon, Sunday afternoon, and one added Monday night, with some of
the best instructors of the milonguero style - Robert Hauk from
Portland OR, Barbara Durr from Atlanta GA, and Yelena Sinelnikova &
Avik Basu from Ann Arbor MI. Tango Society instructors Ron Weigel &
Susana Vazquez Weigel will join this team with an introductory
workshop on Friday night. Robert will also teach a tango DJ
fundamentals 'seminar' Saturday afternoon. Barbara will present a film
documentary on dancing in the milongas of Buenos Aires Saturday
evening. There will be 3 milongas - Friday, Saturday and Sunday, as
well as a Practica Sunday before the workshops.

For more detailed information, go to our home page:

http://www.centraltango.com

and click on the link to the Fiesta.

There are workshops at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced
levels. If you are new to tango in close embrace, these workshops can
significantly raise your level, not to mention provide you the
experience of dancing with some of the best milonguero style dancers
in the Midwest and beyond. In both previous years we had over 100
dancers. Early interest level is high and we expect the same, if not
more, this year.

Take the opportunity to peruse our website and learn more about the
3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta.

Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana IL