[Tango-A] SA: Conventillo de Lujo

Ray Hogan rayhogan at wowway.com
Sun Oct 15 11:05:44 EDT 2006

We have a new video on our website, http://www.ConventillodeLujo.com,  It is great!  Take a look.  When your access the site you will see NEWS!  You can click on "Take a look at our video HERE!!!" and "Apartment for Rent!!!"  The apartment is not part of the Conventillo, but we are making it available in the event that the Conventillo is full or as an alternative to those who prefer to stay very close to the microcenter.  It is a beautiful apartment in the Recoleta area within walking distance of the Obelisco.  The apartment belongs to a very good friend of ours, Helen Grant.  We are managing the rental of Helen's apartment.

Spring is coming in Buenos Aires.  It is a great time to plan a trip.   Let us help you make your trip to Buenos Aires an wonderful experience.  Conventillo de Lujo is a brand new building in the secure, upscale neighborhood of Belgrano.  There are about 15 foreign embassies in the immediate Belgrano area.  We offer bright, colorful apartments with a full kitchen, living room, and modern bathroom.  All the apartments have balconies.  Smoking is permitted only on the balconies.  We have a fantastic atrium available for your use at no extra charge.  Our atrium features a dance studio with a wood floor, bar, dining area, and a huge barbecue.

We can arrange private tango lessons and Spanish classes with top professors in Buenos Aires.  Julio Cesar DiChiazza (Tate) and Fabian Peralta are regular instructors at our Conventillo.  Tate is one of the top tango dancers and instructors of the younger generation.  He is lead dancer in the popular tango show, Tanguera.   Fabian is the reigning champion of salon tango.  He placed first in the salon division in the recent World Championships in Buenos Aires  You are also welcome to take lessons with the instructor of your choice in our studio.  We also offer group tango lessons three times per week with Sandra, Martín, Alejandro, and Florencia & Rodrigo (http://www.florienciayrodrigo.com.ar).  One free group tango class per week is included during your stay at Conventillo de Lujo.

Free breakfast and fresh fruits every day in the atrium.   We offer a free wireless internet connection, so bring your notebook.  We also have a guest computer available for your convenience.  We have a satellite video service with TVs in all the apartments and the atrium.  You can watch the news in English, if you find that you have the time with all the exciting activities Buenos Aires has to offer.

We can arrange for our driver to meet you at the airport if you like.  The will be a charge of $20 ($60 pesos) for a one-way trip to or from the airport.  Our chauffeur's name is Miguel Angel.  You can pay him directly.  You will need to exchange your money for Argentine pesos, but don't do so before arriving at the Conventillo.  We can assist you in getting the best exchange rates.

You can see pictures of the building, the atrium, and the apartments on our website, http://www.ConventillodeLujo.com.

Amy will be the Conventillo from mid-November until late March.  You can plan your trip at any time.  Amy and Claudia (our Manager) will receive you and assist with all your needs during the time you are in Buenos Aires.  Also, Susana (Amy's sister) and Helen (owner of the apartment in Recoleta) are available to arrange excursions, to act as tour guides, whatever you need or desire.

We are planning three group trips to Argentina in 2007.  The dates and destinations of the trips are as follows.

BUENOS AIRES
March 3rd to March 17th, 2007
CITA 2007, the premier tango event in Buenos Aires, will be from March 12th to March 19th

October 19th to October 29th, 2007
Join all the Motor City Milongueros to celebrate the 14th Anniversary of the Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit in the birthplace of tango.

BUENOS AIRES and PATAGONIA
October 19th to October 29th, 2007
Experience life in one of the world's most vibrant cities and life at the end of the Earth in the same trip.

Details of each of the trips to follow shortly.

Amy and Ray
Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit
PO Box 2231
Dearborn, MI  48123