[Tango-A] Melina Sedó & Detlef Engel visiting NYC

Melina Sedó & Detlef Engel tango at tangodesalon.de
Fri Oct 13 07:24:31 EDT 2006

Dear Tangueros and Tangueras,

we - Melina Sedó and Detlef Engel - would like to introduce ourselves
to you:

We are professional Tango-teachers who have been working since 2001 in
Germany, France, Luxembourg and Italy.
Stylistically, we are at home in the traditional tango de salón, as it
has been danced in the salons of Buenos Aires since the 1940s, and
which we interpret in a very personal and modern way. For us, Tango is
walking in a close embrace - an interplay of man and woman without
cliché or superficial effect. Thus, our tango is newly created in every
single moment, and does not just express the music, but genuine
feeling.
At the core of our lessons, which are always geared towards
improvisational capability, are intensive body work and analysis of
tango´s structures. But „technical“ understanding is just a means to
concentrate better on the essential: developing one´s own style and
relishing the embrace in unison with the music.
We live in Germany but  give workshops wherever people want to tango
with sense and sensitivity.

 From 10/22 until 11/1, we will be vistiting New York and the
Tangosutra-Festival in Washington to dance at the Milongas. If you are
interested in contacting us for future invitations or if you want to
get to know our teaching in form of a private lesson, please don't
hesitate to call or mail us.

Looking forward to meeting you,

Melina and Detlef

Melina Sedó & Detlef Engel