[Tango-A] NA-C: 'Practonga' premiers in Chicago on Monday, October 9, 2006 at Mariposa with guests from Rotterdam

PJ Grant windycitytango at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 17:27:53 EDT 2006

WindyCityTango, Inc. will host a 'Practonga' on Monday, October 9, 2006 in honor of our visiting tango friends from Rotterdam. Music - a mix of traditional and alternative - will be played in milonga format. But the setting will be very casual, enabling dancers to practice together (or with assistance from available instructors) on techniques and movements.
Our first 'Practonga' will be open from 8:00 until at least 11:00 p (an influx at 10:45 p would keep the music playing for awhile). The entry cover for this special evening will be ONLY $5!!!; subsequent 'Practonaga's will be $8. The trade off will be minimal snacks, but you're welcome to bring your own along with the beverage of your choice.
Both Phoebe J. Grant AND Leroy Hearon will be present on Monday, October 9, to dance with you and to introduce Christian Lüthen, whom we first met in BsAs several years ago, and his companion Suvi. Please join us at Mariposa (1803 W. Byron - Suite 214, Chicago, IL)!
Several people in the Chicago tango community have asked for more of a practica and/or an earlier start on Monday nights. IF you like the 'Practonga' format, we could be encouraged to continue it on subsequent Mondays and perhaps even start earlier.
For further information, please contact Phoebe J. Grant at 773.260.2595 / WindyCityTango at yahoo.com (allow 24 hours for response from this email address; for immediate messages, use TangoLadyChicago at tmail.com). Directions to Mariposa can be found at www.MariposaChicago.com.