[Tango-A] Early Registration Due Now for San Diego Denver Tango Exchange

Tom Stermitz stermitz at tango.org
Tue Nov 28 15:04:16 EST 2006

Calling All Tango Fanatics:

San Diego - Denver Tango Exchange:
  - January 5 - 7, 2007
  - San Diego Town & Country Resort, 800-772-8527
  - http://LaEternaMilonga.com

Pricing:
  - Festival pass $100 - $135
  - Workshop only $85
  - Milonga only price: $55
  - Hotel $131/night

EARLY REGISTRATION DUE NOW

Please note that there is one more week of early pricing for the San
Diego Tango Festival. Please register and send in your payment in
order to capture the early price.

Also, the San Diego Town and Country Hotel has reserved a block of
rooms. You need to make sure you register in order to get the special
Festival pricing. The deadline on this block of rooms is also in the
next couple of weeks.

United, Frontier, SouthWest and a few other airlines are doing sales
right now.

WHAT'S SPECIAL ABOUT THE SDDTX?

If you have been to tango fetivals in Denver, Portland, Atlanta or
Ann Arbor, you know what to expect.

This is a tango festival "By Dancers, for Dancers". That means the
focus is on social tango and dancing, not show tango and
performances. We'll have five milongas from Friday afternoon through
Sunday evening. Dance floors are set up for dancers and we expect
Buenos Aires Style etiquette. There will be no performances or show
dance instruction.

Most people attend classes, even the advanced dancers, as that is
where you can get to know people for the dances later in the day. The
teachers are chosen for knowledge of social style Argentine Tango, as
well as their entertainment value and ability to manage social energy
in the classes:
  - Christopher Nassoupoulos & Caroline Peattie, San Francisco
  - Robert Hauk, Portland & Barbara Durr, Atlanta
  - Avik Basu & Yelena Sinelnikova, Ann Arbor
  - Robin Thomas, NYC & Marika Landry, Montreal
  - Tom Stermitz & Melinda Quiat, Denver

We have hired and are flying in some of the top DJs the country. They
will organize the milongas through the use of tandas and curtinas
like the best milongas of Buenos Aires.
  - Robin Thomas, NYC
  - Ramy Pyreddy, Ann Arbor
  - Avik Basy, Ann Arbor

ATTENDANCE AND GENDER RATIOS

Registrations are going well for the festival. I expect attendance at
the dances to be 250 - 300. Out-of-state attendees are coming from
Denver, Boston, Indianapolis, Champaign/Urbana, Reno, Austin,
Albuquerque, Phoenix, Salt Lake, Ann Arbor, Atlanta, and other
cities. Most of the early registrants are full-festival attendees.

Of special note to women, the gender ratios at this point include
extra men.

Students should note that we have a special $100 work-study full-
festival pass. Work-study means helping out a couple hours at
registration or as a classroom monitor.

Please email me directly with any questions.

Thanks.