[Tango-A] NA-C, NA-W: Miriam Larici and Hugo Patyn in Colorado Dec 1-3 - Class size limited, don't wait!

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Tue Nov 21 21:00:04 EST 2006

Dear Tango Aficionados,

Dance of the Heart is delighted to present a weekend of workshops and
performances with two radiantly talented and inspiring tango virtuosos.
Please join us for "Sharing Tango Passion under the Lights: An Integral
Tango Encounter with Miriam Larici and Hugo Patyn."

We first became aware of Miriam and Hugo from the widely distributed
pictures of her from the Broadway production of "Forever Tango".  But we
never just go with a pretty face!  (Oh, go ahead and look – pictures at
www.danceoftheheart.com ;) )At the Portland Tango Festival in 2002, and
again at Portland Valentango 2003, we were finally able to study with them
in depth.  The cleanliness of their technique is stunning and inspiring, and
the emotional passion and vulnerability that their dancing conveys is
breathtaking.  But even more impressive is the way they share, with
delightful warmth and humor, their love and fascination with the art of this
dance.  Miriam's sensually infectious good nature combines with Hugo's
marvelous sense of humor to provide students with a truly memorable workshop
experience.

This “Integral Tango Encounter” with these virtuosos is the first event in a
new series for us: a structured, balanced, wide-ranging exploration of the
many cultural currents and perspectives within the rich tradition of
Argentine Tango social dance and music.  The heart-stopping grace, elegance
and beauty given to us by these maestros offers an example and an
inspiration to everyone drawn into the tango embrace, into joining with each
other to create the passionately collaborative work of art that is tango.

Recently, Miriam and Hugo have relocated to Southern California, where
they now teach in their own school.  From this base, they travel the United
States to teach at festivals and workshops, and have recently created their
latest theatrical vision of tango culture: "Tango And Fire". (See complete
bios and more info at www.tangoandfire.com. ) In collaboration with Lisandro
Androver, musical director of "Forever Tango", and some of the finest
Argentine dancers and musicians, this sizzling show has been produced to
great acclaim in cities across the United States.

We're looking forward to letting their eagle-eye prowess at clean tango
polish our own sensibilities about this endlessly intriguing collaborative
art form.  More than most, we're going to explore the sensual side of tango
in the workshops with these two, using our study of technique as a path to
greater expressive connection with our partners.  Nobody can convey passion
like these two - come and learn with us!  Your partners will thank you for
it!

We're excited that Tango Colorado has invited Miriam and Hugo to be the
featured performing dancers at the Tango Colorado Holiday Ball on Saturday
December 2nd.  Who cares if winter arrives early - these two can generate
some heat!!

Current information available at www.danceoftheheart.com  under the "Miriam
& Hugo" link.

CLASS SIZE LIMITED - 18 Leads, 18 Followers, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED!
All Class Pass (7 classes) $140 Advance / $175 after Nov.30
Purchase Available Online, Visa/MC accepted through PayPal.

Schedule:
Friday Dec 1   PreEminence Hall, 3213 Walnut, Boulder
7pm – 8:15pm    Clean technique for Expressive Tango (ALL LEVELS)  $25/$30
8:45pm – 10pm   Tango Vals – Giro en Tres (Int/Adv) (Turn on 3)    $25/$30

Saturday Dec 2 Turnverein, 16th & Clarkson, Denver
1pm – 2:15pm    Milonga with Style, Elegance & Energy (Int/Adv)    $25/30
2:45pm – 4pm    BIEN D’Arienzo: Doing it right with the King of the Beat
(Int/Adv) $25/$30

Saturday Night Tango Colorado Holiday Ball, $30, Performance at Midnight
“Tango Aboard the Orient Express” starts 8:30pm at Denver Turnverein

Sunday Dec 3 PreEminence Hall, 3213 Walnut, Boulder
2:30pm – 3:45pm  Dancing to Syncopated Rhythms (Int/Adv) $25/$30
4:15pm – 5:30pm  Performance Tango II (Int/Adv) $25/30
6:30pm – 8:30pm  Extended Guided Practica (All Levels) $25/$30

Purchase of individual classes is available through flyer registration forms
distributed at classes and practicas, or contact us at 303-938-0716 or by
return email.  Hope to see you there - we're in for a GREAT time!

Abrazos,
Brian Dunn and Deborah Sclar
Dance of the Heart
Boulder, CO USA   303-938-0716
www.danceoftheheart.com
"Building a Better World, One Tango At A Time"

This is the MODERATED email list for Tango Colorado. Posts have been
approved by an officer of Tango Colorado or a group moderator. If you reply
to a message from this list, the reply goes to the AUTHOR of the message,
not to the entire group.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional