[Tango-A] Celebrating "el Dia del Tango" - A Regional Tango Weekend in the Triangle, NC

Gülden Özen gulden at tangophilia.com
Thu Nov 9 17:47:52 EST 2006

Greetings tangueros,
We would like to invite you to join us in the
Triangle to celebrate "Dia del Tango" dancing tango for a full weekend!

*December 8-10, 2006
      Celebrating "El Dia del Tango"
  A Regional Tango Weekend in DURHAM, NC!
Late-Night and All-Night-Milongas, Workshops  & Practicas
(20+ hrs of dancing for prices of $32-$50/person for the weekend!)
with Instructors/eXchange leaders:
Jason  Laughlin & Gulden Ozen of Tangophilia and
                                                    Clint
Rauscher of Tango Evolution
and DJs: Jason Laughlin (Durham) and  Clint Rauscher (Atlanta)

December 8, Friday
       *  8:00pm - 1:00am  Opening MILONGA (Tango
Social) @ Casa de Tango (DJ: Jason Laughlin)
                                     Cover:
$5/person ($3/college or grad. student with valid ID.
variety of snacks, desserts and beverages will be provided.

December 9, Saturday
       * 12:30 - 3:00pm, Int./Adv. WORKSHOP -
topic: "Giradas and Sacadas from Giros"
               Instructors: Jason Laughlin &
Gulden Ozen (of Tangophilia – Durham)
               Price: $20/person ($15/college or
grad. student with valid ID or
                                                             currently
registered Tangophilia Int. class student)
               Limited to 12 participants, in
advance registration recommended to secure a spot!
                                   &
       * 3:00 - 5:00pm, Guided PRACTICA
                               @ Casa de Tango
               Price: $5/person ($3/college or grad. student with valid ID or
                                              currently
registered Tangophilia student)

       * 8:00pm - 5:00am, “ALL-NIGHT-MILONGA”
                      with INTRO LESSON for newcomers at 8pm
                               @ Triangle Dance
Studio (DJs: Clint Rauscher/Atlanta &
                                                                             Jason
Laughlin/Durham)
              Cover: $15/person ($10/college or
grad. student with valid ID) including
                          Argentine food (picada,
home-made empanadas, alfajores and more!),
                          beverages, and Argentine TANGO till dawn!

December 10, Sunday
       * 3:30- 5:30pm,  "Tango eXchange" -
eXchange topic: "Playing with the Cross"
                eXchange leader: Clint Rauscher (of Tango Evolution – Atlanta)
                  Cover: Contributions appreciated and encouraged
                                 &
       * 5:30 - 7:30pm, Guided PRACTICA
                               @ Casa de Tango
                  Price: $5/person ($3/college or
grad. student with valid ID or
                                                 currently
registered Tangophilia student)

Package I (Full Weekend): $45/person (depending
on availability of openings in the workshops and if paid by Dec. 4)
Package II (Saturday's events): $35/person
(depending on availability of openings in the workshops and if paid by Dec. 4)
    No student discount available over the package prices.

On-line registration will shortly be available at:
http://www.tangophilia.com/events/eventdetail.php?eventnum=608

Payments:
Please contact Tangophilia at
“gulden at tangophilia.com” before sending in any
payments! We will do our best to maintain gender
balance at our events. Registrations are not
completed until you receive confirmation from us!

Credit Card payments possible ONLY through
<http://www.tangophilia.com/>www.tangophilia.com,
we cannot accept cards over the phone or at the door!
Checks should be made out to Jason LAUGHLIN (not
to Tangophilia!) and mailed to: 5814 Henner Place, Durham,  NC 27713.

Refund Policy:
Before the early registration deadline: We can refund 80% of your payment.
Before the date of the event (class, practica or
milonga): We can refund 50% of the payment for
events that you will not be able to attend. For a
refund, you must contact us at Tangophilia at
919-361-5145 or 919-423-7681 24 hours before the date of the event.
NO REFUNDS will be given if you cannot attend the
event but tell us on or after the date of the event.

Accommodations:

We have limited availability to stay with the
local tangueros on "first come first serve"
basis. Please contact "gulden at tangophilia.com" if
you'd like to stay with a local host.
Hotels:

Most hotels located on South Miami Blvd. are
close to the dance studio where the
"all-night-milonga" will be held (at ~5 mins driving distance).
Using http://travel.priceline.com/ and looking
for hotels in the RTP (Research Triangle Park)
area could give you the best deal.
Also, another option close to "Casa de Tango" is:

La Quinta Inn and Suites Raleigh Research Park
Phone: (919) 484-1422
Fax: (919) 484-1423
See you dancing tango!

Gulden & Jason