[Tango-A] NA-E, NA-C: Jaimes Friedgen in Pittsburgh Nov. 11-12

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 10:34:04 EST 2006

JAIMES FRIEDGEN is considered by many to be one of the top
dancers and teachers in the U.S.  With extensive training
as a gymnast and a background in a variety of performing
arts, including theater, music, and many forms of dance,
Jaimes came upon tango at the age of fifteen. He has since
learned from and worked with many of the most respected
figures in the tango world and remains unclassifiable,
transcendent of style and category.  He is well respected
by his peers for his creativity, musicality and deep
insight into the inner workings of the dance.  He is also a
dynamic performer, inspiring dancers everywhere through his
rare combination of fluidity, subtle elegance, and fierce
animalistic intensity.  Check out his website at
www.the8thstyle.com.

We introduced Jaimes here last year as our inspiration for
restarting our own studies in open-embrace tango.  Although
he is only 26, he brings a depth of personal and
professional experience that belies his age.  He is truly a
remarkable tanguero.

Workshops will focus on the nuances of leading and
following, as opposed to recognizing a step.  For women of
ALL levels, this is an especially important distinction to
focus on during the weekend.

MILONGA PICANTE
Saturday, Nov. 11
9:30pm - 1:30am
Church of the Redeemer
$10

Saturday, Nov. 11 – Wilkins School & Community Center
Noon-12:30 pm. Registration & Warm-up.
12:30-2:00 pm.   1. Musicality (All levels).  Exploring
tango through different musical elements.  (Previously
announced as 2 separate Musicality classes).

2:15-3:45 pm. 2. Common Sense Transitioning (Intermediate).
 Changing from close to open embrace and back again.

4:00-5:30 pm.  3.  Classic Variations on the Turn
(Intermediate).  Class #2 Common Sense Transitioning is a
highly suggested pre-requisite.

Sunday, Nov. 12 – Church of the Redeemer
1:00-1:30 pm.  Registration & Warm-up.
1:30-3:00 pm.  4. Changes of Direction with Sacadas
(Advanced)
3:30-5:00 pm.  5. Boleos with Sacadas (Advanced).

1 class...$25
2 classes...$45
3 classes...$65
4 classes...$80
5 classes...$95
10% discount for travelers
10% discount per workshop guest for hosts

Locations
=========

Wilkins School & Community Center
---------------------------------
7604 Charleston Avenue.  WSCC is located off Exit 7
(Edgewood/Swissvale) of I-376. Travel towards Edgewood on
S. Braddock Avenue. Turn left onto Sanders Avenue. Turn
left onto Milton Avenue (1 block).

Church of the Redeemer
5700 Forbes Avenue
http://www.redeemerpittsburgh.org/red_directions.htm

For questions or housing info, email patangos at yahoo.com or
call 412-521-1476.

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm