[Tango-A] NA-C:Meet in the Middle Aug 3-6

Karen Whitesell kglass at mo-net.com
Fri May 19 12:14:05 EDT 2006

"I was in Buenos Aires in Feb and met a group from Indiana who was at Mt Vernon last august and had a great time.  We all agreed that  Karen`s venue was the best of all the festivals." --Danny Mau, San Francisco

Meet in the Middle: It's in Mt Vernon Missouri, in southern Missouri, the demographic middle of the U.S. It's where we meet in the middle when we dance, it's where your favorite dance partner will be. Fly in to Springfield Mo airport, SGF, we'll pick you up.

New this year is Thursday night added with a pre weekend warm up with Srini Visnubhotla from New Orleans. Srini enjoys sharing his passion for Argentine Tango on social dance floors where ever he goes and Susana Miller is his foremost teaching influences.

Also added this year is a class in Canjengue, taught by Tom and Tonya Smith of Las Vegas/Buenos Aires. This is their favorite new way of dancing tango in the old ways.

And back again is Robin Thomas, Robert Haulk, Barbara Durr, Jennifer Bratt and Ney Melo. The best DJs and your favorite instructors all under one roof, what a place!

Schedule for Meet in the Middle 2006

Thursday:  7:00 pm Warm up with Srini, Class title:  "Enjoying Crowded Floors"
8:00 Welcome Milonga.

Friday
4-6 Check in Milonga-Robert DJ
6-7 Italian Dinner including wine/beer
7-8:15 Class with Robert and Barbara. "Walking with your whole body"
8:30 Milonga Robin DJ

Sat
9-10:30 Country Breakfast
11-12:15 Crystal Room Class R and B, "Turning on a Dime"   Mezzanine class-J and N
12:30-1:30  Salad Bar Social
1:30-2-45 Crystal Rm J and N,   Mezzanine Robin
3:00 Ice Cream Truck treat
3:30-4:45 Crystal Rm Robin, Mezzanine R and B, "Milonga with traspie"
5-6 Practica
7-8 Elegant Dinner
8:30 Milonga Robin DJ

Sunday
10-12 Brunch to Dance for
12:30-1:45 Class Crystal Rm: J and N, Mezzanine:  R and B, "Staying connected"
2-3:15 Crystal Rm Robin, Mezzanine:  J and N
3:15- Ice Cream truck treat
3:45-5:00 Crystal Rm:  R and B, Mezzanine: Robin
5-6 Practica
6-7 Dinner Suprise
7-8:00 Cool down with Tom and Tonya class, "Canjengue Forever"
8:00-?? Linger Longer Milonga

Cost of Weekend is $150.00, includes all meals and snacks, classes*, milongas, and practicas.  After July 3 cost is $175.00.  *Thurs night and Canjengue class is extra @$10 each.  What a price!  All instructors available for private lessons.

Book Motels quickly, they will sell out:  Super 8, 417-461-0230, $52.00, or Comfort Inn 417-466-4511, $60.00.  Ask for tango rate at either one.

Send Check to:
Karen Whitesell
202 S Hickory
Mt Vernon, MO 65712