[Tango-A] SA: Conventillo de Lujo

Ray Hogan rayhogan at wowway.com
Sat May 6 20:03:19 EDT 2006

We have recently updated our website, http://www.ConventillodeLujo.com.   If
you have not had the opportunity to visit our site or have not visited in
some time please do so.  We have added a html mirror site in addition to our
flash site.  Both are beautiful!  We have implemented the flash site in
several languages, Spanish, French, German, Arabic, and Japanese.  The html
site is only in English at this time.

We hope everyone will be able to join us at our Conventillo in Buenos Aires
sometime in the future.  Following are some comments from a few of our
recent guests.

"Tango Paradise Anyone? Conventillo de Lujo is Paradise!  I was recently a
guest at the Conventillo de Lujo.  As woman traveling alone I needed just
what Conventillo de Lujo had to offer.  My apartment was splendid, spacious,
beautifully decorated and very comfortable.  A  welcoming staff  took care
of my every need, whether it be a fresh cup of coffee, someone to chat with
or the best advice on where to Tango,shop,or dine out. Conventillo de Lujo
with it's sun filled 3 story atrium and in house dance studio was
incomparable, as there are no hotels in Buenos Aires that offer these
amenities!  I was able to take daily tango and Spanish lessons, all arranged
for me by the staff, as well as enjoy massages, reflexology therapy, and
facials, all conducted in the privacy of my apartment.  Making friends with
some of the other guests was one of the most enjoyable parts.   In the large
community kitchen it was easy to join together with others for group trips
to shows and milongas.  I think that the warm,friendly,homelike atmosphere,
is what makes the Conventillo a unique and  truly a one of a kind living
environment where guests are treated like family and feel like family too."

"Thanks to you and your sister Susan for the wonderful warm hospitality you
provided to our group on our first trip to Argentina.  I feel that from the
moment we arrived that we had a home in BA not just an apartment. Your
facilities were perfect for our needs and it was a treat to meet the nice
people your beautiful Conventillo attracts. You helped make every day a fun
adventure.  We came to BA to experience and Dance Tango your guidance helped
to our group from Tango Indy to get the maximum enjoyment from our all to
brief a stay in your exciting city.  We could not have been in better hands
for recommendations for places to Dance and appreciated your guidance on
finding all of the dozens of wonderful things your City has to experience
like the Sunday Market in San Telmo or the festival sites in your local
neighborhood.  We will return soon and look forward to staying with you.".

"I had a wonderful time at your place in Buenos Aires.  The trip was great.
Your hospitality was much appreciated.  Susana was such a sweet and helpful
person.  I just wish I could have stayed a much longer time. Now it is back
to reality and cold weather."

"Just returned home and wanted to let you know that this was the best
vacation we can remember- thanks to you two and everyone at the Conventillo.
What a memorable 2 weeks! From tango in every flavor to hot air balloon
rides and an unforgettable 21st birthday celebration for our son. It was all
great. The food was magnificent!"

Abrazos,
Amy and Ray
Conventillo de Lujo