[Tango-A] MISC: How can you dance tango without legs?

Tango Zen: Dance Here Now tangozen at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed May 3 22:48:57 EDT 2006

Tango Zen Retreat in Spain
Candeleda, Spain, July 21-28, 2006
http://www.TangoZen.com/spain

Tango Zen: Walking Dance Meditation
How can you dance tango without legs?  Come and experience

Please come and discover, explore, and let go of yourself through
Walking Dance Meditation.  Join us in 7 days of meditation, tango dance,
relaxation, discussion, and fun with Chan and Eugenia Park

Tango Zen is Walking Dance Meditation. Tango Zen is known to help establish
balance, calmness, groundedness, centering, and harmony in mind and body.
This Retreat introduces Tango Zen, an innovative yet natural idea of
meditating while dancing Tango.

Tango dancers said Tango Zen helped enhance understanding of posture,
groundedness, connection, sensibility, movement, balance, centering, all of
which are essential for dancing.

Daily schedule of the Retreat includes morning Tango Zen (Walking Dance
Meditation) session, afternoon Tango class/Practica, and nightly milonga
(Tango dance).

Space is limited.  Register early!

Contact Chan (TangoZen at hotmail.com) if you have any questions. For details,
please visit http://TangoZen.com/spain.

What they say about Tango Zen:

"It really was one of the best weeks of my life and I appreciate the
constant care and attention you gave us, a very good example of zen in
practice!"
-- Jenny, UK

"I enjoyed the workshop very much. I think that it is great to approach or
reapproach tango with a zen perspective. For true beginners, it gives them a
solid foundation and direction and for those with some experience,
relearning or learning in a different wayis a wonderful experience."
-- Iris, Brussel, Belgium

"Thank you Chan and Eugenia for a relaxing and enlightening workshop. I left
feeling limp as a wet noodle and very content.  A most interesting
experience--the people who were there for the meditation--who did not know
tango--they were so focused on the connection--I found dancing with them to
be far more pleasant than dancing with partners who know a lot of moves but
seem to forget that they are holding another person.  They seemed to enjoy
the process of experimenting--rather than get caught up in the perfection of
a move-a far more delightful way to learn."
-- Chris, Baltimore, Maryland

"Though it appears that Zen meditation is a discipline in 'introspecitive
meditation', Chan and Eugenia showed us how to walk the 'meditative walk'
with a partner and not be distracted by anything around us. It truly was a
great meditative and communal experience I suspect only a few people
actually achieve in dancing tango."
-- Andy, San Francisco, California

"Tango Zen: Walking Dance Meditation
For more information, visit http://www.TangoZen.com

Walk Here Now: Walk to Meditate, Anytime, Anywhere
For more information, visit http://www.WalkHereNow.com