[Tango-A] MICS: Close Embrace Intensive-July 2006

Theo Bartek teo77 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 20:35:34 EDT 2006

Dear Tango Friend,

Our Tango From The Heart Close Embrace Intensive is especially designed for
helping men and women learn the art of dancing in close embrace.

We do use a structured approach based on the needs of the individual
student, just like a private lesson. There is a lot of interaction,
assessment, correction and re-assessment.

We give each student personal instruction on what needs to be done to make
your dancing smooth and your leading or following effective. We demonstrate,
we dance with you; we correct you while dancing with you so you can make the
adjustment on the spot.

We teach men how to use their mind and body to convey a subtle body lead to
the woman. Using his torso, his legs and his weight changes, he learns how
to let the woman know immediately, exactly what he wants her to do. The lead
is clear.

The woman doesn't have to guess, for his clear lead gives her no other
option but to follow him. This is a great relief to women who are free then
to express themselves through the music!

We teach women how to use their minds to focus in each moment and be
"connected" to the man so she can "hear" the lead from the man when it
comes.

We will teach you a lot of "new" steps that you have never learned before.
They are all "lead-follow" steps and we teach you exactly what to do to lead
and to follow them.

We would welcome you to join us on July 29-30, 2006. Please see all the
details below.

If you have any other questions please contact Teo Bartek at 352-331-1336 or
register by email at teo77 at hotmail.com
Please include your name, address, day and evening telephone numbers.

Wishing you many heartfelt tangos,

Teo and Marsha
Tango From The Heart: http://www.gainesvilletango.org

Tango From The Heart Close-Embrace Lead Follow Intensive
July 29th-30th, 2006.
Hosts and Expert Teachers: Teo and Marsha Bartek
These semi-private master classes are strictly limited to 12 people- six men
and six women who come from all over the country.  This allows for a lot of
one-on-one instruction. The goal of this tango intensive is to help you:

* Learn to experience tango as sublime, effortless and fulfilling on every
level
* Learn how to dance close-embrace tango, freely, creatively and
spontaneously
* Breakthrough to a new emotional and physical level of expertise and
enjoyment
* Be more confident in your close-embrace dancing·
* Learn how to dance to please any partner.
* Project a cooler image at milongas, on the dance floor·
* Experience more intimacy and passion in your tango dancing·
* Set the stage for rapid advancement in your tango ability·
* Men, feel confident that you can give every woman a satisfying tango
experience·
* Women, feel comfortable that you can hold your own with any man and create
a wonderful experience for the both of you
***************************************
Success in Close-Embrace Tango:  Mastery of the Emotional As Well as the
Physical Intensive Schedule:
Saturday, July 29th, 2006 – Tango From The Heart Close-Embrace Lead Follow
Intensive
A.  9:00AM - 10:30AM   Success in Close-Embrace Tango: Adjusting to
Close-Embrace Style. Instructors work personally with each student to access
individual needs, design a plan of instruction.  Adapt open embrace figures
to close embrace. No merely teaching steps, we use steps to teach you how to
dance in close embrace.

B.  10:45AM - 12:15PM   Close-embrace Lead-Follow Technique: Physical
Skills- Level 1.Lead-follow individualized training.  Instructors work to
improve your physical skill level.  Focus on problem areas.  Includes: How
to: embrace, hold your body, move your weight, forward lean technique.  How
to achieve powerful focus, establish and maintain connection.  Why
connection comes first and movement comes second. For more details see:
www.gainesvilletango.org/intensive-2.htm.

C.  1:30PM - 3:00PM    Close-embrace Lead-Follow Technique: Physical Skills-
Level 2.Refine your physical skills.  Men learn to: place the woman exactly
where he wants her, lead using the power of feet, legs and torso—-not the
arms! Take the woman with you at all times, feel the woman’s weight and know
how to move her smoothly and easily.  How to incorporate both female and
male qualities into his leading.  Woman learn how to: dance “silently”,
staying in the moment “with the man”…Five rules that help you know what to
do under any circumstances…. Taking the initiative to express
yourself…Secrets of a powerful backward walk.  How to maintain balance…How
to do ochos and molinetes in close-embrace…How to adjust to the many
different styles of the men that you dance with.

D.  3:15PM - 4:45PM    Exciting New Close Embrace Steps Introduction to some
of the most exciting new milonguero-style steps seen on the dance floors at
the milongas in Buenos Aires.  They are done in close-embrace, bust because
of the strong connection between the man and woman and the masterful lead of
the man the man simultaneously leads the woman, while doing some fancy
footwork of his own!

Sunday, July 30th, 2006 - Tango From The Heart Close-Embrace Lead Follow
Intensive

A.  9:00AM -10:30AM   Close-embrace Lead-Follow Technique: Opening To
Expression-Level 1. The movements in close-embrace are subtle and elusive.
Learning this is not purely physical.  Moving effectively and beautifully
requires and emotional as well as a physical component. Instructors you
teach how to: Overcome areas emotional unconsciousness, so that you can
express physically the way that you want. Establish an emotional connection
with your partner, and use that connection to add spontaneity and passion to
your dancing.

B.  10:45AM- 12:15PM   Close-embrace Lead-Follow Technique: Opening To
Expression-Level 2. Learn to incorporate the emotional into the
dance…Project your male or female energy through your demeanor and your
tango movements…Stay in the moment and feel your partner’s energy and
respond to it. Dance with a playful attitude…Learn how the art of “opening”
can transform each step to a new dimension.

C.  1:00PM - 2:30PM    Close-embrace Lead-Follow Technique: Opening To
Expression-Level 2.  Integration of the emotional and the physical into the
dance. How your body position and posture has an emotional effect on your
“relationship” with your partner.  Developing an “aura’ and a body language
that “attracts”.  Feeling the music and letting the feeling move you,
instead of your mind.  Men, how to project confidence to the women you dance
with, and how to build the women’s level of trust in you a step at a time.

G. 3:00PM - 4:30PM    Close-Embrace Lead-Follow Technique: Physical Skills-
Level 2: Rhythm, accent and syncopation in close-embrace tango. Milonga and
close-embrace tango- how they relate. How to adapt milonga steps to
close-embrace tango and vals.  How to use rhythm, accent and intention to
dance with depth, sophistication and style.  New triple-duty steps that you
can use in milonga, tango and vals by simply changing rhythm and accent.
***************************************
For detailed description of the event see our website:
http://gainesvilletango.org

This is a dynamic process.  Every intensive is different.  Anything can
happen!

Tango From The Heart Close Embrace Lead Follow Intensive Location: 2224 NW
102 Way, Gainesville, FL 32606

Tuition: $195 for the entire weekend intensive, including two full days of
"almost" private instruction in close-embrace lead follow technique.

Registration: Please contact Teo Bartek at 352-331-1336 or register by email
at teo77 at hotmail.com
Please include your name, address, day and evening telephone numbers.

Tango From The Heart: http://www.gainesvilletango.com