[Tango-A] NA-C: "CRIMES & WHISPERS" A tango of Despair and Defiance. Performing in Minneapolis

Florencia Taccetti ftaccetti at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 18:51:37 EDT 2006

Hello again,

I just want to thank the presence of many of you that
I saw attending our performance on last week-end.
If you like it, please spread the voice between your
friends because we have one more week-end left and
will be the last one.
So please make your reservations soon because is going
to sold out easy this weekend.
The show makes the $17 really worth it after you see
all the work there is behind, and students and seniors
pay $15.

I also want to say that this is also a part of the
Argentine History that people who dance tango should
know.
My friend Vance from Austin, Texas was here last
week-end as many of you know because he went to the
friday milonga.
He saw the show and he meet me for congratulations at
the end and he start strongly crying on my chest and
when I asked him why he sayd, ..."This is so much
about tango, this is totaly part of tango"... and
start telling me that first he was deeply touch by one
of Silvia's pictures that was exhibit on the hall,
plus he said  "I was in the Plaza with the madres in
the last visit to BSAS and I saw them walk, and after
seeing the show, it was bringing to me so many deep
emotions that I totaly relate them with tango"...

Below there is some tangueros comments and info about
the show.
I hope to see you there,

Thanks again for your presence,

Florencia

Florencia
Larry and Ingrid attended with a friend last Saturday
and felt that the performance was teriffic! How the
cast was able to perform in the heat was another great
demonstration of performing at your absolute best at
great sacrifice.
Feel free to pass along our favorable opinion.
Wishing you all the best.

Larry and Ingrid

IT WAS TRULY FABULOUS, your control of emotion til the
right moment, of tenderness, of fear, of quick and of
slow, were all so apparent in every move that you did.
I was myself very moved by the whole production and
congratulate you and Gerry and everyone. but
especially you. I hope you can appear again in a
contemporary dance event. you are a marvelous
performer.
 Congratulations,

 Judith Ingber
Gerry Girouard  and Dancers
and
Off-Leash Area
present

Crimes and Whispers
A Tango of Despair and Defiance

at Jawaahir Dance Theatre
July  14 thru 30

In Buenos Aires there is an ongoing struggle for
control over the memory of the disappeared, the
thousands of innocent citizens kidnapped and murdered
in the 1970's and 80's by a vicious military junta
unrepentant in their patriotic defense of national
security. It is a struggle between this same military
establishment, the mothers and grandmothers of the
disappeared, and a general public blinded by fear and
apathy to the tearing asunder of their proud and
passionate culture.

Crimes and Whispers is a unique theatrical dance
collaboration that fuses the acrobatic modern dance
choreography of Gerry Girouard,
the expertise of master Tango dancer and Buenos Aires
native Florencia Taccetti, and the theatrical
imagination of Off-Leash Area
(Ivey Award winners and City Pages' 2005 Artists of
the Year).

 Choreographed and Developed by
Gerry Girouard, Jennifer Ilse, Florencia Taccetti,
Paul Herwig

Performed by
Gerry Girouard, Jennifer Ilse, Florencia Taccetti, and
Kelly Radermacher, Max Wirsing, Sarah Jacobs, Denise
Armstead,
Choulette Evers, and Paul Herwig

Scenic Design by Paul Herwig
Lighting Design by Paul Epton
Original Score and Sound Design Composed, Produced
and Remixed by Neverwas (Chris Cunningham)

Reservations & Information
CALL 612-724-7372
July 14 through 30
All Performances at 8pm

Tickets are
$17 General Admission
$15 Students and Seniors
(Fringe button wearers get $2 off!)
$10 on Sunday July 16 and 23
(Fringe discount not applicable)

Jawaahir Dance Theatre
1940 Hennepin Ave
on the corner of Franklin and Hennepin above Birch's
pharmacy.
Entrance at the left of the pharmacy on Hennepin Ave.

Special Benefit Performance For
WOMEN AGAINST MILITARY MADNESS (WAMM)
Sunday July 16th
Purchase a special Benefit Ticket for $20
($10 goes to WAMM)
Call - 612-827-5364

Florencia Taccetti
612-871-9651
www.tejastango.com/florencia.html

Florencia Taccetti612-871-9651ftaccetti at yahoo.comwww.tejastango.com/florencia.htmlIt is not because things are difficult that we don't dare, it is because we don't dare ourselves that they are difficult.