[Tango-A] MISC: MEXICO TANGO FESTIVAL PASSION OF THE AMERICAS

christina johnson User kikibri at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 16 11:11:54 EDT 2006

PASSION OF THE AMERICAS TANGO + JAZZ FESTIVAL, 2006

Sponsored by BEYOND TANGO, LLC

SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE, MEXICO, NOV. 1-5, DURING THE FIESTAS OF THE DAY
OF THE DEAD!

TEACHERS INCLUDE: CECILA GONZALES, PAULO ARAUJO, EDUARDO SAUCEDO,
HSUEH-TZE LEE

 Last year's event was extraordinary, full of surprises; as equally fun
as mysterious because of Day of the Dead. "Katrinas" (the skeleton
fancy ladies) roam the streets, altars abound in the plazas, on
corners, everywhere. The cemetery becomes a purple and gold mass of
flowers, glittering with plastic toys, studded with sugar replicas of
food and skulls.
We had milongas in the historical buildings of San Miguel, and also in
La Carpa: a huge purple circus tent. Some of the special events were
not revealed in full, to keep the surprise alive, and we'll do the same
this year.
 We had lots of LIVE MUSIC with the PASSION TANGO/JAZZ ORCHESTRA directed
by BLAS RIVERA (saxophone) from Argentina. Musicians will be the same this
year ; coming in from all around the world. GERARDO PEREZ on bandoneon,
  (Uruguay) MONICA FUENTES on violin, (Spain) FERNANDO GOICOECHEA,
pianist, (Uruguay), and ANTONIO LOZOYA with bass (San Miguel de
Allende.)

 Some of the choices offered for special events will be: Exotic cooking
class in the country, group dinner in a gorgeous historic place,
a trip to the ghost town of Pozos to hear the Caracol de Fuego prehispanic
 orchestra. We'll have a trip to the hot springs. There is an underground
tunnel
 you swim through that opens into a kiva/cave! Cocktail party with
traditional
mariachi music at one of the historic homes in San Miguel. The special
presentation
of Astor Piazzolla's life, music, and personal recordings. Salsa classes,
etc.
Some of these special events will be on Sunday, Nov. 5, the actual
terminating day of the festival.

MEN; please get your registrations is so that we open registration for more
ladies!

The BASE PRICE. is $485, and this includes 12 classes, 4 milongas,
tango show, and two special offerings from the above list, plus more.
With registration by Aug. 1, you'll get a 10% discount ($437).
Registration by Sept. 1-Oct.1 is a 5% discount:( $461.) After Oct. 1,
 $485 price.
The next THREE people to register will be in a drawing for an elegant dinner
for
Two at one of San Miguel¹s fine restaurants. The drawing is among TEN people
only!
REGISTER NOW!

Classes are mostly limited to 26 people per class, as the class spaces are
in private homes and are not huge. The festival will close registration for
classes after the 80th registrant. Beyond Tango trips are very personalized
and with lots of attention to and from teachers and staff. We choose
integrity and care for the group over large numbers of dancers.

 Airport transportation and international tips are in separate emails sent
to you
Upon registration. Flying into Leon, Mexico (BJX airport) will be your best
bet.

VIVA el Festival Pasion de las Americas!

Christina Johnson
15 S. Sligo Plantation Rd.
Natchez, Ms, 39120
President Exotic Tango Vacations, LLC